My Love By My Side

The thought of ever being away from you. The thought of you not being in my life. The thought of you ever leaving me leaves me devastated and broken.

That's what the song meant. That's what the song was indicating to him. He smiled listening to the playlist Go Eun made for him. Couples used to make mixtapes for each other, now it's playlists. He made one for her, carefully and thoughtfully. And she reciprocated. She gave him more than he could have ever imagined.

He had been listening to the playlist on repeat for the past few days. She loved IU's voice & songs in particular. She even covered some of her songs. Of course, he had those downloaded and saved in a special playlist. Her voice soothed him and made him feel warm when he was alone or when she was not around.

Lost deep in his thoughts, he reached the carpark of her residence in no time. His heart skipped a beat when he saw her half-running half walking towards his car. She was wearing a simple white tee, loose jeans, converse sneakers and a cap. The simplest look but the most breathtaking. He got out of the car and opened the door before she reached him, she giggled and gave him a hug.

"I missed you." Her soft pink lips breaking into a smile.

"I missed you." Min Ho said his eyes lingering on her lips before gazing back into her eyes.

She smiled upon hearing the song being played, My Love by My side. She beamed at this song selection, she was certain he would love this particular cover. She swayed gently to the music as Min Ho drove out of the carpark and towards their destination.

They drove in comfortable silence, letting the song fill the air. Min Ho looked over to Go Eun who had her eyes closed and was enjoying the song. He took her hand in his and kissed the back of her hand before focusing back on the road. Go Eun shifted slightly till she was leaning and facing towards his. Gazing at him, memorizing every curve of his face.

"Why? Is my nose bothering you?" Min Ho asked jokingly, making Go Eun scoff.

"You're bothering me." She said in an adorable manner that only made him smile wider.

It started drizzling and soon, rain was pelting down. Their initial plan was to stroll around Gyeongju National Park. With COVID-19 fights were still restricted so there was a decrease in tourists and with the masks on, they were hoping to have a peaceful afternoon. But their plans halted with the rain and both of them felt too warm and comfortable in the car.

Min Ho arrived at the park and made his way towards the car park. "It's raining...you want to get something via drive-through and have some old fashioned home date?" He suggested the car park was almost empty with only two cars in view.

"Let's stay for a bit, the view ahead is pretty." Go Eun said, staring at the hanok ahead with trees fully blooming.

She took off her yellow converse shoes and hugged her knees to her chest. The sound of the rain battering the window was oddly comforting. Min Ho took off his jacket and put it over her, tucking her in and making sure she was warm and comfortable. Go Eun smiled at him sweetly and placed her hand on the side of his face. Gazing at her with a soft and giddy smile, Min Ho turned his head ever so slightly and kissed her palm. The sound of rain and the background music of IU's voice only added to the ambiance.

Her face lit up and Min Ho let out a content sigh. He took her hand in his and did not let go, the song, the lyrics filled the car and their hearts. They felt safe, They were in love and they felt loved. They felt at home with each other. 

~~~

© mikrokosmos713

A/N: sorry guys its a short read. I've just been really stressed & could not write much but I hope this little chapter made u smile! have a good night~