Chapter |23|

Your point of view:

"Y/n, didn't I just say that you should work on school assignments while you're here?" Mr.Callahan stopped at my table in the lunch room, I only shrugged my shoulders before pulling out a book that had nothing to do with school.

You're probably wondering why I'm in the lunch room right now, to answer your question, I got in trouble for talking back to Mr.Callahan which resulted in me getting detention after his class.

I was having a bad day and he asked me a question that was probably the most stupidest question I had ever heard in my life and I said he should know the answer to the question because he's a 60 year old man and went to high school and college, so he shouldn't have been asking me if I knew the answer.

Mr.Callahan nodded his head before checking on the other students to see if they are doing what they are supposed to be doing. I tried my best to get focused into my book but I gave up when my phone buzzed in my pocket. I looked up to see where Mr.Callahan was before pulling my phone out and reading the text and who it was from.

There were two texts, one was just now from Lauren and the other one was from, Vinny?

Vinny

Hey super star. Was wondering what ur doing after school, got a job for u, ur cut will big💸
[Sent at 3:22 pm]

If ur interested meet at the old abandoned dentist office at 8
[Sent at 3:23 pm]

———

Didn't I tell him that I didn't want a part of any of this anymore now that I got a new job and since he beat the living shit out of me? I can't remember much from that night. I just hope I told him I wanted out, I'm not going to show.

I saw Mr.Callahan coming back my way before I could read what Lauren texted me, quickly I slid my phone back into the right pocket of my jeans and looked down at my open book.

"As you all know by now, this Wednesday will be my last due to the fact that I am retiring," The beer bellied man spoke gaining all of our attention. Right, I forgot that he was retiring.

"Okay? And? We don't have all day Mr.C." I yawned out, gaining a few giggles from the 7 students here and a scold from the elder. My phone buzzed yet again but I had only ignored it.

"You are on my time, I could make detention longer if you wish?" I rolled my eyes not saying anything, "That's what I thought, well, I wanted to ask if you guys would please not give me anymore trouble like you did today. I don't want to spend the rest of working here with 7 kids in detention. I also would like to ask you to be nice to your new teacher, because she is a very nice young lady."

"Okay Mr.C, we'll behave." Pearson said and Mr.C told us to get back to what we were doing, I was going to until the strong feminine voice that I could recognize anywhere called out to Mr.Callahan as she made her way into the cafeteria.

What the fuck is she doing?

Lauren pulled him to the side and they conversed in a whisper, I got a look from him before he nodded his head at Lauren. "Y/n, Ms.Jauregui would like to have a word."

"Why?" Raising an eyebrow I watched as Lauren made her way to me, she looked upset. What'd I do now? Aren't I supposed to be the one upset?

My question remained unanswered and I was brought outside in an area where there were no cameras, was I about to be yelled at? Murdered? Fucked senseless until I could no longer walk? Or all of the above?

"What do you want, Lauren?" I tugged my arm out of her grip, The brunette looked down at her hands fidgeting with one of her rings but then she looked back up at me. "I've been texting you, I just wanted to talk to you."