Chapter |14|

Your point of view:

It took me a little while to finally pack my things from Lauren's apartment but I did, I had my school books and clothes at her apartment which wasn't exactly a lot but it was enough. I ended up stuffing everything in my bag.

Before I left I slid her key under the mat in front of her door and I also had left a note telling her that her key was under the mat.

Now I'm just at the coffee shop, I started my shift about an hour earlier than I was supposed to due to the fact that I completely ditched the last periods and then packed my stuff. My bags are in the back room for employees, I haven't found a place to stay yet.

The door bells rang as soon as someone walked through the door and I looked up from staring at the counter being brought out of my thoughts. It's just Kevin.

"Would you look who is here." He joked as he wore his green work shirt with the Starbucks label on the right side. "How long have you been here?"

"An hour." I answered before grabbing a cleaning bottle and rag from underneath the sink, now that Kevin is here it's his turn to be at the register and I must go around cleaning tables.

Kevin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and scratched his shoulder, "Wait, but school just got out about 20 minutes ago."

"I ditched the last two hours, Kev."

I sprayed the black round table and let it sit for a few seconds before wiping it off with the rag that was in my left hand.

"You can't be doing that, it's your senior year and you're beginning to slack. School ends in less than two months, keep your game up dude."

Nodding my head, I let silence take over the both of us before I couldn't keep it how I was feeling any longer.

"You know, I now know why they make it illegal to date someone who is your teacher." I said in a whisper as I walked by Kevin.

"Why? What happened?"

"I can't talk about it because I promised that I wouldn't get hurt." Kevin gave me a sympathetic look and frowned.

"You don't think that I would shame you for having emotions do you?" He asked and I stopped what I was doing, looked back at him and shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm your best friend, I would never shame you for anything... unless you robbed someone, you didn't do that right?" Chuckling I shook my head no, which made Kevin smile. "What happened with Lauren?"

"She ended things because she is afraid that she will 'hurt me.' And because she could go to jail if anyone found out about us." I explained, now wiping down the counter where the customers pick up their orders.

"Um, you turn 18 soon so it wouldn't be as bad. And if you really want to be with someone you can't just give up on things, you have to fight for what you want."

"Tell that to Lauren, although she is pretty set on ending things with me so it wouldn't be worth your time. Things never work out for me, Kev... and I'm stupid for thinking this would work out."

It's true, and I wish it was not true. How are all these people so happy and I get stuck unhappy? I'd just like one thing to go right for once in my life.

"Okay, Y/n, listen to me. I know that she was the first relationship you have ever been in, and I know that you had found it in you to actually let her in on everything that is happening with you-"

"-I wouldn't have let her in on everything that is happening into my life if she hadn't made me move in with her." I cut him off which made him sigh in response. "Sorry.. continue."