Banana Bread

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup buttermilk

1 and 1/4 cups sugar

1/2 cup oil

1 teaspoon vanilla

2-3 bananas mashed very well (1 to 1.5 cups)

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Procedure:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8×4 inch baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease it with non-stick cooking spray.

Add flour, baking soda, and salt to a big bowl and set aside.

In a medium-size bowl stir together the buttermilk, sugar, oil, and vanilla.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir well. The mixture will be thick and dry.

Add the mashed bananas and stir until incorporated. Once you add the banana you will notice that the batter will become moistened and doesn't look very dry.

Mix in 3/4 cups of walnuts and pour into a loaf pan. Top it with the remaining 1/4 cup of walnuts and put it in the oven.

Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.

Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool completely. 

After about an hour or so remove the bread from the pan and leave it on the wire rack overnight, loosely covered. 

Slice the bread the next day. This ensures that the flavors settle in the bread and also enables easy and clean slicing. You should give at least 6-7 hours before slicing the bread.