Chapter 14

1 year without you... still so unreal and painful... we all love and miss you cam, forever🖤

I know I've said this a lot of times, but just in case you forgot, I love to put Friends (inspired) scenes in my story, so if some parts sound familiar, that's why. Enjoy! :D

!!!Please read the author's note at the end of the chapter!!! Thank you in advance!!!

3th POV

'Guys, I just want to take a moment and thank you for how great you've been during this time,' Mal told her friends during dinner. 'I really couldn't have done it without you. And I've loved these last nine months. And even though I've had my ups and downs, I'm kinda gonna miss being pregnant.'

'I can't believe your due date is only a few days away,' Evie said.

'Me neither actually,' Mal said. 'It seems like yesterday that I was crying on the bathroom floor...'

Jay chuckled. 'Well, luckily it all kind of came together, right?'

Mal nodded. 'Kind of, yeah...'

'I mean, for me it still seems like yesterday that I saw you by your locker,' Uma remembered.

'Oh god, yeah,' Mal said grinning. 'I even remember exactly what you said.'

Uma chuckled. 'Shut up.'

'What did she say?' Harry asked curious.

'She first looked at me and then said, and I quote, "knocked-up already, are we",' Mal said laughing.

'Oh yes, the good ol' days we weren't friends...' Uma said.

'Hey,' Jay said. 'You are lucky to have us as your friends y'know.'

'Just kidding, just kidding,' Uma said laughing.

'It's so weird actually that we first hated each other and now we're friends,' Carlos said.

'Yeah, it would've been so much fun if we would've been friends from the beginning,' Harry said.

'Hmm, yeah that's a bummer. Why couldn't we just have been friends instead of enemies?' Uma said.

'Because Mal called you shrimpy and then you-' Gil said, but Uma cut him off.

'I know why, Gil, it was a rhetorical question,' Uma told him annoyed.

'Ohh,' he said understanding it.

'Hey, guys,' Jane greeted them, sitting down at their table with Lonnie.

'Hey, why are you so late? Dinner started like 15 minutes ago,' Evie said.

'Oh uhm, my parents came to visit me today,' Lonnie said. 'And we kinda lost track of time.'

'And I was with her to emotionally support her,' Jane said. 'Her parents can be quite intimidating...'

'Then you haven't met our parents yet,' Mal said.

'And I honestly hope I never will,' Jane said chuckling.

'I mean, I can't disagree with you...' Uma said.

'But did we miss something?' Lonnie asked.

'No, I was just thanking you for how great you've all been during this time,' Mal told them. 'I really appreciate it a lot.'

'Oh, well, I gotta say, it was quite something,' Lonnie said. 'And I'm actually so excited for when the baby finally comes.'

Mal smiled a little. 'Yeah, me too...'