Page 2

I'm Avery Johnson and I'm 16. I live with... Correction. I lived with my grandmother. She passed away a week ago, so I've been staying on my own. She was the only person I talked to and she had given me all her money so I had over a million in my bank account. I used to get bullied in school, so I never spoke to others and I did online school. I wasn't really insecure about myself, but I was just quiet and shy. I couldn't handle crowds and I stressed out once in a while.

One day, I had finished taking a shower when the bell rang. I opened the door an a lady stood there. The exact lady I saw in grandma's pictures.

"Hi. Are you Avery?" She asked softly and I nodded. "I'm Amie. Your mom. I'm here to pick you up." I nodded and let her in. She had me pack and I just had two suitcases and a mini Louis Vuitton backpack. She drove me for an hour to Bel Air and took me to a house. She me in an a bunch of boys stared at us.

"Griffin, come here," Amie called and I looked down as someone walked over. "Griffin, this is Avery. Avery, this is your older brother, Griffin."

"I have a sister?" Griffin yelled and I flinched. "Sorry," he told me and I observed him.

"Your dad and I slit when you were 5 and I didn't wanna be a single mother. Avery stayed with your grandmother, and now she'll stay with you guys." Amie left and I watched Griffin.

"I-I guess you can follow me," he took me to a room and let me set up. I didn't wanna be there. In a house full of boys. People who looked like they'd bully me. I sat in a corner and everyone came in to introduce themselves. There was Noah, Blake, Bryce, Kio, Anthony, Jaden, Josh, Griffin, and Quinton.

"You okay?" Griffin asked and I watched him.

"We need to roughen her up," Bryce said.

"She's shy. Are you shy?" Blake asked and they were all being loud and I looked down.

"You guys have no idea how to talk to a girl," Quinton said and stepped forward and I watched him. "Hey. Don't pay attention to them."

"And you know how to talk?" Jaden snickered.

"Well, I'm better than you guys are. Out." Everyone but Quinton left and he sat in front of me. "So I'll just start introducing myself. I'm Quinton like I said... and I'm 16."

"Hi," I whispered and he smiled. "I'm 16, too."

"September 8th."

"November 5th." He nodded and tapped his fingers on the floor.

"So what are your hobbies?"

"I sing to myself..."

"Oh. Can you sing for me?" He asked and I shook my head and looked back down. "That's okay," he snickered and looked around. "Let me send in Griffin." He left and shut the door. "Griffin, you're next. She's 16 and likes to sing." Griffin walked in and sat with me.

"Hey, Avery. I-I guess you're my little sister by... 5 years," Griffin said. I didn't talk to anyone but Quinton and heard them talking outside.

"Do you wanna just try to get her to warm up to us? 'Cause you're the only one she talked to," Josh said.

"I mean, sure. I don't have a problem with that," Quinton said.

"Go talk to her and get her to come out of the corner," Noah pushed him into the room.

"Can you hear everything we said?" Quinton asked and I nodded and stood up. "How tall are you?"

"5' 7."

"Oh. Same." I looked out the window and he stepped closer.

"If... If I jumped, would I survive?"

"Don't jump." I looked at him and he gave me a serious look. "Don't you dare." I sat on the bed and got my phone. "Is that an iPhone 10? We have improvements to make. Do you have a computer to do, like, school or something?" I stayed quiet and he grabbed my wrist. I was pulled out to the living room and Quinton held onto my wrist. I looked down and he showed everyone my phone. "We can't have that," Quinton said. "We should all take her to the mall and redo her whole room." I looked at Griffin and he watched me carefully. We had close to the same eye color and skin tone and hair color, but mine was just a bit different since I had natural highlights. We all ended up driving or Ubering to the mall. They first wanted to get me an iPhone 11 pro and I kept telling Quinton not to, but he wouldn't listen. Then they wanted to get me new shoes. They took me to Vans and showed me to see if I liked it. I stared at it and narrowed my eyes.

"Billie Eilish said Vans are small dick energy," I told everyone. "Nike or Adidas." They stared at me and were shocked I spoke. I looked down and Griffin took my hand. I ended up walking with him after we got Nike shoes and he looked down at me.

"I wanna be able to get close to you. Like real siblings. Even though we've been apart for 16  years," Griffin said. "I've always wanted a sibling..." I was quiet and he sighed. They took me to hot topic and wanted to buy me posters.

"What are you into?" Quinton asked me.

"Kiss, Yungblud, One Direction..." I muttered and he picked posters. We went back after buying LED Lights as well and they set up my whole room. It was super cool and I whispered in Quinton's ear. "I say thanks."

"She says thanks," Quinton said and the boys nodded at me. They left me to enjoy myself and I scrolled through my new phone. I didn't wanna have dinner with the boys or have dinner at all since I wasn't hungry. I barely ate, but it wasn't a bad thing. I was awake at midnight and walked out of my room. It sounded like most of the boys were asleep and some were downstairs, so I logged into my TikTok and posted one.