Page 5

In the morning, Josh told us all that we were going to Texas. We ended up leaving Kio behind since he wasn't communicating with everyone and was staying elsewhere. Even I was supposed to go, so everyone packed and I didn't really rush. There was a knock on my door and I looked to see Griffin.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Will you be shy the whole time?" He asked and jumped onto the bed.

"No. I'll still talk to you guys. Possibly some others."

"Okay." We drove and I sat with Quinton in the back. It was a long 21 hour drive and I had window seat while Quinton had the middle with Anthony on his left. Griffin drove and Bryce, Noah, Blake, and Josh took a second car. Quinton kept getting tired and would fall forward, but straighten himself up. He finally rested his head on my shoulder and kept moving my hair.

"Here, let me adjust it," I said and he moved. I pushed my hair to my right side so it wasn't in his face the whole time. He started snoring softly and I stayed awake for 6 hours until he woke. I yawned and he pet my opposite side, gently pushing me to lie down with my head on his lap. I reluctantly did and couldn't sleep. My hair fell on my face and Quinton pulled it off. He set one hand on my hip and played with my hair with his other hand. I closed my eyes and the guys thought I was asleep already.

"Quinton, I know you mean well, but she's my little sister," Griffin said. "Get your hands off of her."

"I'm not doing anything, dude," Quinton said.

"Still. You slept on her, now you're making her sleep on you. And you have your hands all over her."

"We're just friends. Nothing else is going on, Griffin." Quinton still moved his hands and I slept quietly. "Hey... Avery..." Quinton shook me.

"Hm?" I whined. "Are we there yet?"

"No. We're stopping for breakfast." I sat up and set my hands on his legs, leaning onto him.

"Food?"

"Food," he laughed with a nod. We got out of the car and got McDonalds breakfasts. We ate in the parking lot and in the car. I crossed my legs and rocked from side to side. Quinton watched me questioningly.

"I like food, dude," I smiled.

"I'm not saying anything!" He held his hands up in defense. My hair fell over my shoulder and he pushed it back behind my ear, earning a glare from Griffin. I didn't get what Griffin's problem was anyways. Quinton and I were just friends. I ate my hashbrowns and wanted more.

"Hey, Griffin..." I smiled and sat on the armrest.

"What?" He asked.

"You gonna eat those?" I looked at the hashbrowns.

"Yes!"

"I'm your sister!"

"Well, sister, I'm going to eat them."

"Want mine?" Quinton asked and held the box out to me.

"I feel bad if I take it from you," I said.

"And you don't feel bad if you take it from me?" Griffin asked.

"No."

"It's fine. Here," Quinton said and I took them. I let him have a few since they were his anyways and Griffin slept as Anthony drove. It was only 5 in the morning and we still had 10 hours to drive. I looked out the window and was ready to face people. "You good?"

"Excited," I smiled and looked at him. I crossed my legs on the seat and sat crisscross. Quinton mocked me and there wasn't enough space or he'd wake Griffin. Quinton went to set his knee on top of mine, but I lifted my knee to block him. We fought for a minute before he finally managed to set his leg on top of mine. I felt the skin to skin contact since we were both wearing shorts, but it felt calming. I leaned onto the door and ended up sleeping again.

"You two are just friends?" Anthony asked Quinton.

"Yeah. Dude, she just moved in a few days ago. I'm not like that. And she's not like that. She's a good one," Quinton said.

"To me, it sounds like someone is growing a crush," Anthony teased.

"Anthony! Seriously?"

"Just saying... She's your age. Obviously anyone in the house who's 19 and up aren't her type. And I'm dating Avani, but Josh is single. And you are too. Snatch her before someone else. Even Chase might if they're that close."

"Dude! Just stop! We're friends and Griffin seems to not believe that either." I would date Quinton over Josh any day. Quinton was 16 just like me, we both did online school, and we were friends. He was cute and I liked his personality. But what if he thought of us just as friends and not as possible more? What if he didn't have a crush on me? I drifted off and woke when Griffin shook me.

"We're here," he smiled and I got out. Texas was pretty hot but not humid like Cali. We all took our bags and ran in to claim rooms. I claimed the biggest one and set my suitcase aside. There were tons of other people already there, but Hype House wasn't. I made TikToks with a bunch of the girls and a ton with Quinton as well. Night came and it became freezing cold. I put on a hoodie and sweats and sat in bed. I put the hood on and went live, setting up my phone. I was talking and answering random questions.

"'Are you dating Quinton. Be honest.' I'm not dating Quinton," I said and the door opened. "I'm live," I told Quinton who walked over.

"Hi, live," he waved and sat with me.

"Where are we? In Texas. Exciting."

"Why do you have your hood on?"

"My hair looks like shit."

"You're fine." Quinton leaned onto me and Griffin walked in.

"Hey," I looked at him. "Come say hi to the live." He did and kissed my cheek before leaving.

"That's cute," Quinton snickered and rested his head on my shoulder. I rested my head on his head and we smiled cutely at the live.