Chapter 17: Jack

I stand up with a groan, not having meant to knock Katrina unconscious. But she was going too far, I didn't want anyone going deaf.

Turning, I focus my attention on Aubrey, observing the woman as she removes her hands from her ears.

Jackson is further back, leaning against the wall and nodding as I glance at him. 

"I'm fine." He mouths, confirming that I don't have to worry about him.

With that weight lifted off my shoulders, I stalk towards Aubrey, crouching down in front of her.

"Now, I want you to tell me why you need Katrina. What are you planning?" Aubrey barks out a laugh, pushing herself off the ground and onto an unsteady pair of feet.

"I doubt you'd understand. But I suppose that's because you're so focused on our planet's past directive. You need to toss our old purpose out the window and open your eyes to all the possibilities."

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"I'm saying, what would you think, if we were able to resurrect Milwaukee and everyone on it?" My mouth drops open in shock. 

"W-what?" 

"Do you think that we were sent to Earth to start new lives and forget about our past? We were sent here for a reason: To restore our home."

Restore… home?

"That's not possible. Everyone on Milwaukee was killed. They were all slaughtered by the Armonians. The planet exploded after they finished stripping it of its resources. There's no way we could possibly put it back together."

"But there is a way. The pieces of Milwaukee were scattered across space. But we can reverse that process so our planet and everyone on it is revived."

"How… how would we be able to do that?"

"That is precisely why I need Katrina. Along with a few other human Connectors, she can resurrect Milwaukee."

What?

"So, now that you know why we need her, can you give me the girl?" I can't help but hesitate for a moment. 

Mom. 

Dad. 

Home. 

But… what about Ella?

"My sister. She was on the other ship. The one that was attacked. Would restoring our planet bring her back too?"

"Yes."

The air leaves my lungs instantly. I could see Ella again. I would have a second chance. I could protect her.

"So… what do you say? Give me Katrina and I can bring back your family. You could go back home."

Home. 

Milwaukee.

"I…"

Author's Note: Hehe I left you on a cliffhanger. Hope you liked this week's chapter. I know it was a bit short. Next week's should be longer. See you later guys. Love you! 😎