August 12th

Last night I dreamt that I was under a tree.

A tree so large that no matter how far away I walked from it I could not see the top.

The sun beamed down so brightly that it hurt my eyes, but I was so small that its warmth could not reach me.

I thought that maybe I could climb the tree and reach the sun but the branches were too high for me to reach.

I watched as a bird landed on a branch above my head.

"Hello there," I called. " Could you fly me to the top?"

The Bird hopped forward and stared at me cocking its head before flying away.

I cursed the bird,

And I wished I was the bird.

But I searched for where it flew to I saw a shadow.

And then another.

Suddenly I could not count as shadows began to appear and bleed into each other becoming a traveling darkness.

Traveling towards me.

What would happen when they reached me?

I don't know, because thankfully before they could, I woke up.

After what has now become my typical morning routine, Aarth came to get me for the house meeting. Uncle Isaac had been back for one day and I was already doing more than I had done in the WEEKS I have been here.

I was shocked by just how many people were crowding into the library. Everyone seemed to be whispering but I don't think that any of them realized that a crowd of people whispering was not very quiet at all.

Aarth and I joined Issac at the front of the group. He looked down at me and smiled before ringing a small bell to get everyone's attention.

"Hello, everyone, thank you for joining us." He began as the room began to settle down. "If you are in this room it is because you either have some questions or you are wanting to know what life is like outside of our little... um," He paused

"Hamlet," A voice said from the other side of the crowd.

Everyone looked over to the smiling boy from the carriage. He was sitting on top of one of the tables.

"A community of less than a hundred is called a Hamlet," He explained smiling.

"Wondering what life is like outside of our little hamlet," Issac said regaining the crowds' attention.

Instantly people started all at once, tossing out any library etiquette that they once had tried to conform to.

How thankful uncle Issac must be that questions are not melons, because otherwise he more than likely would have been crushed.

He rang the small bell again hushing the room.

It was as if my uncle were a trainer and they were all his top students. Ready to listen to whatever he had to say.

People listened to my father too but the way they did was different from how they listened to Issac.

My father was loud,

A storm cloud,

Sometimes a hurricane,

Not an easy man to ignore, no matter how much you may have wanted to.

But Uncle Issac was quiet.

He let others talk and did not talk over them.

He rang a bell and those who wanted to hear him speak stopped talking.