Wedding Plans and Chocolate Pans

The thing I loved the most about Valentine's Day was chocolate. The smell was in every store and all over the school. There were basic little candies and there were giant sculptures and fountains. And this year, I had people to make chocolate for other than my family (staff included.) Actual friends. An actual boyfriend. There's going to be so much chocolate.

I had been in the kitchen with my mom, dancing around and making chocolate; we always did this together. We played loud music that was just for us. If Dad didn't like it then he went to his study. He usually let this be girl time anyway. We made chocolate together for White Day, and Mom pretended to be surprised every year.

We had all kinds of baking molds, and mom was actually pretty skilled with modeling chocolate. And we made all different kinds. Jenny liked chocolate coconut candies. Dad, Benio, and the twins like caramel-filled chocolates. Hunny and Sophie like chocolate-covered strawberries. Tamaki liked dark chocolate and Lewis liked white chocolate. Kyoya and Haruhi expressed no interest in receiving chocolate. And Mori... I'm not sure what he likes. He's never really said if he likes sweets before. I've seen him eating cake before. Hmm... "Mom, can we make chocolate cake pops for Takashi?"

"Whatever makes the bride and groom happy."

She said it so nonchalantly that it threw me off guard. "Why'd you say it like that?"

"Well, the wedding is just shy of two months away dear. I thought you'd be thinking about this all the time. Have you even started planning yet?"

"Of course Mom, I'm not stupid," I muttered. "Takashi and I have picked colors: royal purple, cherry blossom pink, and cream. We want to get married in the Host Club's music room because it's beautiful and holds so many great memories for both of us. I want my maid of honor to be Benio, and my bridesmaids will be Haruhi and Sophie. The girls I'm inviting to the wedding have been sworn to secrecy on Haruhi's situation. I hope they're sincere. Anyway. Takashi's best man is going to be Hunny, and his groomsmen will be his younger brother Satoshi and Tamaki. The ring bearers are the twins, and Kyoya is helping to organize the wedding and reception and make sure we're not spending too much unnecessarily. The guys even all already have their suits picked out." I started counting out on my fingers. "I just need to find a dress, decide on the decorations with the help of the Hitachiin brothers, pick food and a cake and finish up the guest list. I think that's it."

My mom looked a little surprised. Did she really think Takashi and I just fucked around when we were up in my room? I mean, she's kind of right. I did tell him I planned on being forty percent needier. Suddenly, Sophie burst through the door. "Did you say you haven't found a dress yet? Can I come when you do?" I laughed at her eager face and nodded.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" My mother cheered.

"Um, for the chocolate to cool."

"Right." We spent another hour or two finishing up the chocolates and cleaning up. Then I called Benio, Haruhi, and the twins (who had the design taste of their talented mother) saying we were going to dress shopping. They were all excited. Haruhi was more excited than I expected them to be. Apparently they enjoy doing girly stuff every once in a while.

The dress shop was interesting. One side was full of stark white wedding dresses with the occasional splash of color. The other side of the store was an unorganized rainbow full of prom dresses and bridesmaids dresses. We started on the colorful side where Sophie, Haruhi, and Benio went through the racks to find things they were comfortable with. The twins judged, but I got the final say. Benio tried on a short-sleeved red dress (they can come in different colors) that was a little tight and barely came down to the knee. Haruhi pulled out a calf-length Ouran blue dress that was exposed at the shoulders. I liked it, but I still wanted to keep looking. The twins wanted them to try on everything. Finally, after a few minutes of browsing and going back and forth, Sophie pulled out a dress that she said she loved. I told her to try it on, and when she came out, I knew this was the dress for all of them. It was pink with lace long sleeves. The dress came down over the knees in a bell shape, and I knew it'd look beautiful on each one of them. The brothers approved too.