My head had never moved as fast as it did right now. Slender with luxurious raven hair flowing down her back. She walked majestically down the stairs until she reached my dad and placed a kiss on his cheek.

Someone tell me that's his over friendly cousin because I can't right now. He cleared his throat nervously. Yeah, you better be nervous mister.

"girls this is my fiancée Sally"
She turned to me with a smile "Hi Annalise, I've heard so much about you"

Yucky, I don't like her
She bent herself to Sj's level and produced a doll from behind her slimness " and miss Selena over here would like to be your friend"

SJ took the doll and lifted her arms so Sally could lift her up.
What! This is treason!!

It was suddenly all too much for me.
"uh, hey dad can I go for a walk?"
He looked startled by my question but then nodded " sure, be back early okay and don't get lost".

I walked quickly out of the house and away from the driveway. I took a random direction and started to walk, hands deep in my pockets and mind deep in thought

I secretly harbored dreams of mom and dad getting together again at first and even when that dream died I kind of wanted him unattached because even without a partner he didn't really have time for us.

Even though the move was sudden, I had hope that this could be like our bonding time.. But now with yucky Sally in the picture. Sigh

I just don't like her.
She seems off to me and I don't care if Im just saying that because I don't like her

Yes! I'm going to be that daughter.

I saw a park and made my way into it. I spotted a solitary bench and sat on it.
I don't really know how long I sat there.

Suddenly......?
" you know you really shouldn't squint so hard"
I turned sharply to the source of the voice, hand to my chest.
I didn't notice that someone had come to sit by me because I was stewing over yucky Sally.

As he laughed, I noticed something.
"wow" I said breathlessly... "your.."
" my eyes, yeah I know, I get that.... a lot".

He rubbed the back of his neck
" sorry if I made you uncomfortable" I said

It's just that he had these beautiful Grey eyes. Honestly, best thing I've seen all day.
He smiled back. "thanks anyway. I'm Cole, what about you ?"

I looked up at him "no offence but you just approached me to ask my name? "

He rolled his eyes playfully" will you stop being a stick in the mud. I haven't had someone my age around in a long time. Now Miss...."

"I'm Annaliese , you can call me Annaliese "

He laughed and we started to talk.

He lived with his grandmother close to the park so he said he was always around this place

Discreet invitation to come hang out with him, I see

I was about to give him my long story till I realized it had been over two hours since I left the house. Dad may have been worried. I left my phone in the house too, so I couldn't call him. I got up quickly.
I shouted a hasty goodbye over my shoulder after telling Cole I had to go