10.

I woke up with a sour taste in my mouth. But I was in my bed. This thing had freaked me out more than anything and I was totally certain that I would leave SJ with Gran and Cole. Dad would be coming soon and I wanted to stay here and let him know all my suspicions.
I moved into SJs room for the day and locked us in. The room was great. She just thought we were having a girly sleepover.

Sigh, still no phone.

                             X

Early the next day I went to the park in hopes of meeting Cole again "hey miss squinty "  he greeted with a smile.
I hugged him. Everything came crashing on me. I was literally shaking with nerves. I hadn't gotten over my attack yesterday.

I asked him about Gran. If she was good, he frowned a bit and told me she had had a bad fall and that  She would be moving to the elderly home in the next town. He told me that he would have to leave Micah Valley as well. I was devastated. I almost wept.

He consoled me as best as he could and I was happy that at least I had a friend in all this. I sent my regards to Gran and hoped she'd get well soon.

I trudged wearily back to the house and walked to SJs room. And that's where I saw it. The red mark on my sisters face.
I fumed "what happened to you?!"

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes but she held my hand " Sally said there was a bug on my face. She helped me get it off. But it hurt a bit"

That toad slapped my sister. Slapped a four year old girl. I suddenly felt awful for leaving her alone with her. I thought she wouldn't harm her.

I caressed her cheek a bit. Glad to see it wasn't that red anymore. I got some ice for her. " so um, where is Sally anyway."

She shrugged "I think she's out or something"
I nodded.

If she was able to disregard my sister then I didn't care about her stupid privacy again.
She was up to something. I barged into her room .

It was blue. Not too messy. Not too clean. Her closet was filled with designer clothes and heels. But aside that, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
I had spent close to 15 minutes in that room searching for something, anything.
I was beyond frustrated.
I was sighed and started to leave when her coat hanger snagged on my sleeve.

"Will you get off!!"
I pulled it roughly and everything came tumbling down. I blew a harsh breath as I rolled my eyes. I bent to pick it up....
Wait... What was that?
.