11

It was a door. I was filled with trepidation. What was behind it?

A pungent smell hit my nostrils and I gagged. What was all this?
Vials and tubes and containers filled with unknown substances. I didn't know exactly what this room was but I was freaked out. Massively.
And I knew dad didn't know about this

Forget all my plans., I was sending SJ away today , dad was due to come in two days but I feared for SJs life. At least I could defend myself... Maybe
I packed things for her in a small bag, dressed her snugly and hugged her.
A few tears gathered at the corners of my eyes. I still didn't have a phone but I knew my mom's address by heart.
.
I would beg Cole to send her. I knew it was a huge sacrifice on his part but I knew he had a good heart and a soft spot for SJ. He and Gran were honestly angels.

                       X

I walked her to their house. Gran was already gone, i had met her earlier and given her a lingering hug. She gave me one last cookie and smiled at me.
Right now it was dark and Cole was holding SJs face. I knelt down to face her and wiped my tears. " I love you Sarah Jane"

She beamed. "you called me Sarah Jane this time"
"yes your highness"
I gave a lofty bow which caused her to laugh " be good for me okay"
I smiled at Cole and hugged him "thank you so much for Everything Cole. You've helped me so much. I can't thank you enough."

I was close to tears again as I watched them turn and start to walk away.
I had called mum earlier with the help of a phone book and a very long process and told her most of what was happening. She was sick out of her mind, she was outraged when I told her I wasn't coming home instantly but I told her I needed to let dad see the truth.

She reluctantly agreed. Cole would send SJ home then go along his merry way.

I had sent dad a message to come home immediately. I told him that there had been an accident and that Sally was badly hurt. Who knew if he'd come for either me or my sister.
I wasn't ready to risk it and I didn't have a phone to be checking.

I was scared but this had to be done. With a heavy heart I  walked back to the house and saw Sally sitting cross legged in front of the house. At this moment a light drizzle had started to fall.

She smirked at me. She wasn't in heels this time. In fact. She looked like she wanted to battle. Gulp.

I didn't even know what fighting stance to take.
" I don't know what your deal was, but I'm going to tell my dad"

"listen Allie. It wasn't in my plans to harm you but you were too nosy. I know you heard that first phone call and yeah you almost caught mick but ah well"
She shrugged as if nothing was happening. It was maddening.

I should have probably just kept quiet and stayed in the room till dad came.
" Now Andrea, you know how wealthy your father became, you know how easy it will be to take money from that spineless man and fund my drug business. This isn't the first man I've done it to,  and it's not going to be the last especially not because of a spotty teenager like you"

I couldn't believe what she was saying..........

I am not spotty. That's unfair on so many
levels

. She lunged for me and I grabbed the phone that was peeking out of her pocket. I quickly went to dad's contact and pressed Call. I started screeching once he picked. I felt a prick on my neck" you're just too easy Annaliese"

Hey she got my name right this time. I knew she was faking .
And for the third time, I passed out.