Ch. II: Dojo

Speechless, Y/N stood there and tried processing what just happened.

"Wh-what?"

Before he did anything else, he decided to heal up his team by using revives and potions. He stood up and withdrew his Pokemon after healing them.

"I guess it's time to explore a bit."

He wandered around and observed the beautiful scenery and the new Pokemon, stopping every so often to battle and catch a Pokemon that caught his eye. While gathering berries at various trees, he also noticed some new item that dropped alongside the berries. Eventually, while exploring, he saw the Master Dojo in the distance.

"She must've just been joking, right? There's no way she was serious about me not being strong enough. Maybe I should go there and ask her myself," pondered Y/N.

But before he could cross the bridge, he noticed something sticking out of the ground in front of him. It made a noise similar to a Pokemon cry before it revealed itself. Before Y/N could react, a man in a hiker outfit appeared seemingly out of nowhere.

"Oh! Diglett! You're here! You little rascal! I was worried about you!" the mysterious person said with a laugh.

The Diglett looked different from the ones Y/N saw at Galar, but it also looked familiar at the same time. Then, after he pondered about it for a short while, he suddenly remembered. Hop told him about the Alola region and the Alolan forms of several Pokemon when he was conducting his research with Sonia.

Y/N's train of thought was interrupted when the man said, "Thank you for finding my Diglett."

"Happy to help. By the way, is that an Alolan Diglett?" asked Y/N.

"Oh! I didn't expect to meet someone here who knows about it! That's right! This is a Diglett from the Alola region. When I traveled to Alola, I fell in love with the Alolan Diglett's adorable three hairs. So I caught a lot of Diglett there and came back. But they went somewhere when I looked away for a second. Anyway, you found a Diglett buried in the ground. You definitely have a talent for finding Diglett! If it's ok, will you find all the other Diglett too?"

Y/N was caught off guard by the sudden request, but he responded, "Um, sure," nonetheless.

"Oh, what a kind person you are! Words can't express how grateful I am! If you find them, please tell them to come back to me."

"Sure thing," Y/N replied.

The man smiled and moved out of the way, allowing Y/N to cross the bridge. He kept walking towards the Dojo and noticed Klara talking to a woman. Since he was fairly near, he was just barely able to hear their conversation.

"Oh, fiddlesticks. So our new student decided to go back home?" the woman in front of Klara asked.

"Seems that way, yep! I did my best to welcome him, but he just suddenly left after our battle," Klara replied with a slight smile on her face.

"And I'd been hoping we'd get to welcome a new member to our little family here too," she replied, disappointment evident in her voice.

The woman glanced to her right and noticed Y/N standing there and observing them.

"Well, hello? And who are you, love?

"Huh?"

A look of shock, confusion and anger made it's way on Klara's face as soon as she saw Y/N standing in front of the Master Dojo.

"Agh!"

The woman she was talking to didn't seem to notice her reaction as she walked towards Y/N while saying, "Of course! You must be the new student that's supposed to join the dojo today!"