Chapter 3

I pull up to Daniel's driveway just in time for him to walk out.

"Hey, ready for school on this fine Tuesday?" He asks me.

"Sure." I say bluntly back to him.

He leans back to the backseat of my car to put his book bag with mine. I pull out and start heading towards the school.

"Wanna be in my streaks?" He asks looking at me.

I nod and smile. He snaps the photo of me driving and part of the road where you can see our school in the background.

"Who do you all have streaks with?"

"Corbyn, Jonah, and a few other randoms. Some of them don't even go to our school really. He says.

I pull up to my usual parking spot and park. Daniel and I both turn around at the same time to grab our bags, but instead we bump our heads together.

"OuCh ThAT hUrT!" I say rubbing my head.

"Oh no! I'm so sorry, are you ok?" He asks cleary sad.

"Yes, I'm just fine. What about you?"

"I'm good." He assures me.

I look up at him and we stare at eachother. My hands start to sweat and my cheeks turn pink. He starts to lean in seeming like he is about to go in for a kiss. Instead he unlocks his eyes from mine, clears his throat, and grabs both our bags.

"We should head in the school." He suggests

I nod and we get out the car. The sun hits both of our eyes as we walk in together.

Later that evening in the hall...

I open my locker to put away my books for lunch when suddenly Jonah walks over.

"Hey, you want to learn how to play some baseball?" He asks with his eyebrows scrunched together and his voice raspy.

"Let's go to the field." I say pulling him behind me.

He goes to the shed and grabs a ball, bat, and comes out by the nets.

"So, all you have to do is throw the ball up and hit it at the net." He tells me.

"Jonah, I already know how to play baseball, especially how to hit a ball." I explain

"Oh, well usually- he says before I cut him off.

"You shouldn't always assume. Girls can do anything guys can."

"Oh- ya, I suppose your right. Where did you learn all your skills at?" He asks.

"My Mom taught me."

"Oh, thats cool!" He says smiling.

"Ya, except she isn't here anymore..." I say rolling the ball in my hand.

"OH! I didn't know. I'm- I cut him off again.