Chapter 12

A week later...

Tonight is the official Prom night! I am feeling so excited to see Miah, Aria, Daniel, and the rest of the boys.

Right now I'm actually at the Seavey Household. Anna and Keri and keeping Daniel downstairs so there isn't any chance of him seeing me early. Anna does my makeup while Keri puts my hair up with little clips.

"I'm so nervous." I state. My hands shake but I stop it by sitting on top of them.

"It's normal to be nervous. It's Prom and you want it to be perfect." Keri says calming me down.

"Just make sure Daniel stays in place. He's a boy." Anna says reassuring. I smile at the floor trying not to show myself blushing. Anna puts the final touches of makeup down and Keri puts the last spray of hairspray in my hair. They stand back amazed.

"Wow, we should work together more Mom! She looks gorgeous!" Anna says proud of herself. They high five and we all laugh.

We hear a door open and shut. We hear a lot of loud noises from what seems to be boys and the sound of Miah. Anna heads down to let Daniel know I'm coming. It all gets quiet.

"Ready?" Keri asks me.

"Why not." I reply back with a smile. Keri and I walk over to the top of the stairs. I see not only Daniel in a white silk tux, but the other four boys. Jonah wearing purple, Jack wearing red, Corbyn wearing blue, and Zach wearing the traditional black. When they see me their jaws drop almost to the floor. I walk down the carpeted stairs carfully trying not to fall in heels I never wear. Once I get to the last step Daniel comes forward and lifts me off. He sets my feet back on the floor and kisses me with a smile. We turn around to see everyone's face confused and little mad.

"Surprise, Daniel is taking me to Prom!" I say nervous to see Miah's expression.

"Wait, your taking Daniel to the Prom? I thought you were taking Jack?" Miah speaks up first. "You lied to me, why?" She asks.

"Wait, yah I thought you were going to Prom with me?" Jack joins in with a mad face.

"What?" Daniel asks looking at me.

"Alaina, what you mean? I thought you were going to Prom with me. You asked me with doing that robot like two weeks ago." Corbyn says the most confused.

"No guys she was orginally going with me. I kissed her last week." Zach says explaining his confusion.

"Oh, I guess I didn't get the memo either..." Jonah says sadly.

"Now I see why she was so nervous. She has multiple dates to the Prom." Anna squeaks through her teeth towards her Mom.

"EVERYBODY LISTEN!" I shout for their attention. "Jonah, I was never going to Prom with you. I never even was interested in you and I gave no hints. Zach you kissed me on the cheek. Yes, maybe something was there but I never asked you. Jack, this is going to hurt but, I never saw you as lover. More like a new best friend. Corbyn, I'm so incredibly sorry. I was building that robot with Aria so she could ask you. My face was showing but I just figured you thought it was her asking considering people don't know I can build robots. Last is Miah. Miah, I'm so sorry I lied to you about going with Jack. You just assumed it was him and you looked so happy. I just didn't want to upset you. Everytime I would try and talk to you, you would get calls or get interupted by something. I'm so sorry to all of you. I really am." I apoligize to every single one. I have the biggest frown on my face until Daniel pulls me into a hug.