chapter four

*Bethany*
"Why is he here?" I managed through rough sobbing.
"Who is he?" A nurse asked gently.
"The thing of my nightmares! He's hellbent on killing me! He killed my father, and now he's trying to kill me! We've been together for two years... But he was abusive. Then we came here and he still tried to kill me! He's a murder. He's out for blood. Frick, he gave me this-" I said running my hand along my head and cringing with pain.

"Let's not forget about this-" I pointed to an area around my shoulder which was covered in burn marks. I pointed to various places defaced by him.

"He's crazy!"
-
*Spencer*
This time it was the doctor.
"Hi, Doctor Reid," He smiled.
I nodded for him to continue.
"Has your girlfriend-"
"JUST QUIT CALLING HER MY GIRLFRIEND OKAY? SHE'S A LIVING BEING WITH A LIFE AND THATS NOT ALL SHE IS!" I snapped.
"Bethany," he corrected "Been in an abusive relationship in the past?"
"If you must know, yes."
"Ah, I see. It makes perfect sense."
"Please save questions until later. Under circumstance, we would investigate you for physical and emotional abuse. But you seem to have an air tight alibi and nothing she says is refutable. When that bullet grazed her, its sheer force shook up her head. The bullet hit the right side, and accounting how far the bullet went before removing itself, is remarkably far. Anyways, sometimes the area affected first in situations like these is the center. The inner frontal lobe near the hemisphere divide, is a section of the brain called the medial temporal lobe, which stores episodic and declarative memory. Episodic memory stores memories. The memories themselves and the feelings tied to them were- scrambled, per se. All the feeling and memories she had of you have been derranged, and mixed up with those of her abusive boyfriend."
"What? She thinks I'm Daniel?"
"No, she still knows you as Spencer Reid. She just thinks Spencer Reid is trying to kill her. But it gets a little worse than that. I don't know what he did to her but she believes that real things that once happened to you- you attempted to murder her. But during a scan we realized there's internal bleeding, so she will be here overnight. You will not be permitted to visit Bethany until the psych ward figure something out."

How I wish that bullet had just hit me instead.