chapter eight

*Spencer*

I swallowed hard, and sat back calmly.
"Oh." I said trying for a smile. I mean, it's not that I don't want to be in Vegas right now, but now? This case honestly could not of come at a worse time. With everything going on with Bethany the last thing I want to do is deal with childhood memories. And my mom... Oh god my mom. She doesn't know. Well of course she knows about Bethany but she doesn't know what's up. I groaned under my breath. Things only get better for me.

"Wheels up in twenty." Hotch confirmed.
-
"So... Anything besides that?" J.J asked.
"Nope." Garcia said popping the 'p'.
"Thanks baby girl."
"Anything for you my chocolate thunder." She beamed and our conversation clicked shut with the laptop's top.

The rest of the jet was generally quiet, which left me to my thoughts. I could hear J.J and Bethany's voice on the other side of the table. I figured, I might as well call my mom just to let her know I was coming.
After a few rings and getting through some people, the comforting voice of my mom filled the speakers.

"Spencer?"
"Mom, hi. How are you?"
"Could be better. Are you okay?"
"I'm-" I paused to think about my answer. "Don't worry about me. I just wanted to let you know we'll be in Las Vegas."
"That's great! Maybe if you're not to busy after you can bring that girlfriend of yours around." I cringed and swallowed the hot lump that had formed in my throat.
"We'll see mom." I lied.

"Something is wrong. I can't tell right now, but just know I want you to be happy. Don't ever forget Spencer, I love you. Forever, there are no exceptions or boundaries or ends. You will always be my baby boy."