~ Prologue ~

Rockstar's ear twitched as he awaited for the familiar white she - cat. His deputy, Blizzardstorm, sat beside him. Muscles rippling under the tom's thick fur as Blizzardstorm shifted to get comfortable. Rockstar felt small next to him, but tried his hardest to look taller than he actually is. Rockstar glanced up at the moon, it wasn't full, but it was close and definitely moonhigh at that moment. The skinny grey tom heard Blizzardstorm grumble from beside him, though Rockstar couldn't make out the words, he guessed Blizzardstorm was complaining. Rockstar had to admit that he too was growing inpatient. Rockstar suddenly heard the rustling of bushes off to the side. He pricked his ear, snapping his gaze over to the ferns. A white she cat emerged from the greenery.

"Snowstar." Rockstar greeted her with a dip of his head, hoping his relief didn't reflect in his eyes.

"Rockstar." She said thoughtfully. "I see you have come."

Rockstar narrowed his eyes. "You were the one who was late."

A sleek furred, black tom emerged from beside Snowstar, his glowing yellow eyes narrowing back at Rockstar. Blizzardstorm eyed the tom as he rumbled.

"Blackwind. Pleasure to see you again."

"I wish it could be the same for you." Blackwind responded.

More rustling. There were more cats here. Two new Creekclan cats appeared on either side of Blizzardstorm and Rockstar.

"Now," Snowstar began, as if the newcomers weren't there. ", I have a proposal."

Rockstar's ear twitched. "I'm listening."

Snowstar glared at him for a heartbeat before going on. "Either you give us some of your territory, or you two will never see anything but stars forever."

There was a moment of shocked silence between the Mountainclan cats, their eyes wide with disbelief. Finally, Blizzardstorm bared his teeth.

"You dare threaten us!"

"I do." Snowstar meowed. "And I repeat myself, either give us some of your territory, or else you'll be killed."

"Never." Rockstar growled in a low voice, his claws sliding out into the cool grass below him.

Snowstar watched him through cold eyes, her tail twitching back and forth.

"Kill them." She said at last, turning her back on them.

Blizzardstorm took a step towards her with a snarl, but before he could make another move, the two Creekclan cats on his side leaped onto the white tom. Rockstar leaped forward to help, but was dragged down by the other two cats as they dug their claws into his shoulders. He let out a yowl as he felt needle - sharp claws tear at his flank. Rockstar felt the two cats shove him into the ground, and as he glanced up, all he could see was the flash of claws as they came down on his throat. His screech was cut off with a choked gasp. His vision blurred as he gazed helplessly at Snowstar's form as she glanced back at him.

"I'm willing to do whatever it takes Rockstar." She murmured. "And all I have to do, is hunt down a couple of mice."

She turned away completely, her warriors and deputy following her. Rockstar's flanks heaved as he fought for breath. He glanced to the side, horrified to see Blizzardstorm's limp form covered in blood. He managed to raise his head and stagger over to his deputy's body. Blizzardstorm's teeth were bared and his eyes still glittered with defiance. However, he was dead and gone for good. Rockstar stumbled to the side, collapsing into his flank. Blood pooled around him as it gushed from his neck. His eyelids fluttered as he gazed upwards at the stars. The forest around him spun as black spots danced across his gaze. Finally, he closed his eyes and drew his last breath. His breath slowed to a stop as a glittering spirit rose from the limp body. The spirit glanced back at his body, then at Blizzardstorm's. He was soon accompanied by another spirit, a familiar thick furred tom. They both looked back sadly at their bodies, then the world around them changed into a wide moor. This would be their home now, but they didn't know what would become of their beloved clan.