CHAPTER ONE

DEBILITATEDCHAPTER ONE❝IM EXHAUSTED FROM TRYING TO BE STRONGER THAN I FEEL ❞

DEBILITATED
CHAPTER ONE
IM EXHAUSTED FROM TRYING TO BE STRONGER THAN I FEEL

☆ ☆ ☆

THE LIBRARY WAS COLD AND PRACTICALLY EMPTY NOT A SOUL DARED TO VENTURE PAST THE DOORS.

No teenager in their right mind would purposely pick up a book with more than 10 pages and read it because they want to, it's highly unlikely that the library gets anyone in there.

Everyone avoids making eye contact or even being in the same room as Colette she was definitely different than everyone else in the small town never giving up on any dreams or aspirations.

"Colette, you're gonna be late for fourth period." The librarian whispers pulling her from the intensity of Stephanie Meyer's midnight sun, she was utterly captivated by the pages.

It takes her a moment to acknowledge the kind old lady "oh thank you!" She slips the blue bookmark between the pages and slams the book closed dropping it into her bag.

Colette always resented this class, Spanish with Mr Shue. He's teaching techniques made her uncomfortable, he definitely didn't have the requirements to be teaching a language he's not familiar with.

The room was silent as he rambled on failing to pronounce some of the words, it was quite embarrassing. she was feeling the second hand embarrassment.

"Colette can you please say, I love summer in Spanish?"

Her cheeks flare up immediately as people turn around in their seats, "Me encanta el verano" he pauses for a moment pondering silently.

The resentment for Mr Shue only seemed to grow with ever glance he spared once that bell rang it was like God had sped up time to give her a hand, Colette stood quickly and jogged from the room.

The story behind their awkward relationship could be summer up into two words; glee club.

She never sung during the long 7 hours of a school day but unfortunately he snuck up on her when she assumed the library would be empty.

But still, Colette refused to join glee club people already thought she was a loser adding onto her image as one would ruin her for the final two years of school.

She wanted to leave on a good note even if popularity wasn't crossed off her bucket list before high school comes to an inevitable end.

Bullying was one of the more common things in Mckinley and unfortunately Colette was one of the many victims suffering from the constant harassment, mainly from Santana Lopez.

The Latina cheerleader was a constant denominator in her life and it was beginning to take its toll, you'd be lucky to even get her to crack a smile.

Luckily, slushes were uncommon.

Colette clutched her textbook tightly in her grip walking down the steps into the courtyard, everyone was either stuffing their faces with the horrible cafeteria food, studying or gossiping.

It was strangely quiet especially for a Mckinley lunch, it was unsettling.

The glee club move into the courtyard carrying a stereo and wearing matching shirts, "oh here we go again."

[Empire State Of Mind ~ New Directions]

She inhales deeply quickly looking back down at her book, the glee club was low on the social ladder but you'd have to be deaf if you didn't think that they were talented

Colette tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and picked up a pen, she could feel a pair of eyes staring in her direction intently.

The feeling was overwhelming.

"oh god..." she whispered slamming the book shut standing quickly, so much for a quick studying session.

She climbed the stairs quickly heading back into the school praying that whoever had taken such an interest in her would back away.

putting on a fake smile and pretending to be strong wouldn't last long, they would only make it worse.

But desperate times call for desperate measures.