CHAPTER TWO

TREPIDATIOUSCHAPTER TWO❝TAKE A DEEP BREATH, GROUND YOURSELF AND THEN GO KILL IT ❞

TREPIDATIOUS
CHAPTER TWO
TAKE A DEEP BREATH, GROUND YOURSELF AND THEN GO KILL IT

☆ ☆ ☆

COLETTE WAS MESMERISED BY THE GLEE CLUB'S PREVIOUS PERFORMANCE.

She was having a hard time removing their voices from the depths of her mind seeing them work together and melodise the way they did was strange yet somehow inspirational.

The book laying in her hands didn't interest Colette singing was a new burning desire that she didn't think was possible when it came to her cold heart.

her fingers drummed over the book cover repeatedly quiet words passing by her lips quickly and smoothly, fortunately, she wasn't a bad singer but it would be incredibly self involved to say she was a good one.

Colette stands and exits the library walking towards the choir room, surely no one was around at this time and it would give her enough time to use the piano.

Being a child prodigy was her only life achievement and yes, it was as depressing as it sounds.

the bag falls from her shoulder onto her wrist and her foot gently nudged the door closed, she paused for a moment admiring the instrument it was breathtaking.

sitting on the stool bought back years of memories being taught by her father and occasionally a professional coming over and lending a helping hand.

Colette used to despise playing the piano but now it seemed like a blessing, unfortunately, those skills weren't put to use as regularly as they used to be.

her finger presses on one of the keys and chills run down her spine, it was feeling or pure euphoria they're no words to describe how she felt in that moment.

she takes a deep breath and adjusts her sitting position, the rhythm comes so smoothly and soon enough she's playing a very familiar song.

[Ain't no sunshine ~ Colette Adler]

"that was amazing!" a small amount of applause takes her by surprise and she jumps in place turning quickly.

Colette leans down and picks up her bag smiling apologetically "I'm sorry, I'll leave so you can sing or whatever." she looks down feeling her face go hot.

A hand gently catches her forearm pulling her to a halt in front of the exit "don't be sorry, I'm Tina and this is Mike."

She inhales sharply turning to be polite, "I'm Colette." her palms begin to sweat and become clammy suddenly feeling shortness of breath in her chest.

"You should audition for glee club, you're amazing! I've never heard a voice like that before." Tina compliments gushing over Colette's talent, it was almost a praise.

the attention was flattering but it was also overwhelming, being an introvert was much better than she once thought.

"Thank you but I'm not looking to join any extracurriculars." The answer was short and came out rudely.

Her eyes close and she stammers another response, "I-I'm sorry, it wasn't supposed to come out like that, I'm not good at singing in front of people and I'd just make a fool of myself."

Colette slaps a hand over her mouth muffling a groan, two potential friends and she'd made a fool of herself in the first five minutes.

Tina clasps her hands together pushing her bottom lip out into a pout, "I'll give it a chance but I gotta go."

Colette exits the choir room and picks up her pace walking down the hallway, she wanted to step in her locker and never come out again.

A sudden force knocks her into the row of lockers, "You did this to me. You told Coach Sylvester about my summer surgery!" Santana yells and it becomes obvious that she's attacking Quinn.

"You have a surgery when you get your appendix out. You got a boob job." Colette quickly recovers and steps away from the fight clearing her throat.

"Yup, sure did." Santana slaps Quinn across the face and Colette gasps in response, she thought that they were best friends clearly there was a lot going on that she was oblivious to.

"You can't hit me!" A faint red mark was left behind on fabray's cheek.

"Oh, sure I can, unless you got yourself knocked up again, slut." Santana is shoved into the lockers taking Quinn's spot as the one taking all the hits.

A crowd slowly starts to form around the angry teenage girls phones in the air recording every taunt, shove and slap.

"Stop the violence!" Brittany demands quietly but goes unheard instead the fight seems to get more serious as they tug on each other's hair.

Santana quickly gets the upper hand knocking the blonde onto the ground, Mr Schuester emerges from the crowd breaking up the fight "Hey, hey, what is this?!"

"Stop it!" Quinn screams thrashing around.

"What happened to us being a family? Hey!" Colette snorts unattractively.

"Oh, please. She has a family. She's a mother!" Santana wore a confident smirk as she spun on her heel walking through the crowd Brittany on her heels.

"Walk away! And tighten up your pony before you get to class!"

☆ ☆ ☆

It was finally time yet Colette couldn't bring herself to step into the choir room, she could hear them discussing the lack of people auditioning and guilt was slowly beginning to surface.

She inhales deeply and steps into the room clearing
her throat shyly, "I'd like to audition..." they all stare at her as if she's an alien.

Tina squeals and embraces Colette into a hug whispering in her ear "I knew you could do it!"

the majority of the glee club that stuck around take a seat on the many chairs, "My name is Colette Adler and I'll be singing Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton"

[Tears in heaven ~ Colette Adler]

A warm smile slowly pulls at her cheeks as they break into an applause, Mike stood hands cupped around his mouth cheering in response boosting her confidence.

something about the environment she had just stumbled into seemed welcoming and Colette planned to stay.