Part 28

AALIYA'S POV

"Stay away from her Griselda!" Darshan shouts stepping towards us.

"No no no, don't be fool!"I hear Griselda shout from behind me. "One step forward and I wouldn't hesitate to slide this knife across your wife's neck!"she says and pull me backwards.

Darshan's worried face is the last thing I see before she pulls me out of the room and into the corridor.

I keep quiet and move with her. But as soon as I get the chance I bang both of us to the wall and her grip loosens on the knife and I swiftly take it out of her hand and aim it at neck. The self defence classes were not all that useless. Huh!

I see two men run from behind me get hold of her.

"Tie her!"I hear Darshan say.

"You're okay?"he asks turning me to face him. I just nod.

"I'm more than fine!"I say hugging him.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you anything before. I couldn't risk having you know this! I know she'd have tortured you for the information!"He said in a soft and guilty voice.

I broke the hug and cupped his face "Darshan I understand!"I told him truthfully. It did hurt at the start but I do understand now.

"Let's get done with her and we can leave from here for once and for all!" he said guiding us to the sitting room.

I see they have tied both Griselda and Sria up. Griselda is trying her best to break out, however Sria is just sitting with her head hung low.

"Why did you tie Sria up? Lemme talk to her first!" I hear Darshan whisper-yell at Sameer.

"There is nothing left to talk!"Sameer spoke in a loud enough voice, much to Darshan's dismay

"She's just trying to get sympathy, so she can cook some story up on how Griselda 'forced' her to do this!" Sameer added looking at Sria with hate.

She looked up at him, hurt. A small tear escaped her eye, but she looked away quickly.

"Open her!"I hear Darshan instruct a man and Sameer just scowls turning his head around and running his hands in his hair.

I don't who is right at this point. But I do think she should be given a chance to explain herself. What if Griselda had forced her to do this? what if Griselda had held her family captive.

"No Darshan!"I hear Sria say. "This is what I deserve!" She added in a guilty voice.

"This is what I deserve for betraying you and Aailya, and putting you through so much pain!"she said in a sad voice.

"You are such an insolent fool!"I hear Griselda say to Sria. I narrowed my eye at them. Is there something we are missing?

"I think I am for trusting you!"I hear Sria fire back at her without wasting a second. See this is the Sria I know.

"Such a disgrace to the family!"I hear Griselda mutter. Wait what family? Are they somehow related? I look at Darshan and he looks at me with the same confusion.

"Sure!"I hear Sria mutter bitterly.

"I asked you to open her!"Darshan addresses one man. He quickly nods and opens Sria's handcuffs and unties the rope from around her.

"Sria what is she saying?"I step towards her and ask her taking her hands in mine. I look t her eyes which soften at my gesture. But within a second they are filled with guilt again.

"I am sorry Aaliya for all that I've done! I don't deserve a chance for explanation! Please just arrest me!" She says as her eyes move from me to Darshan.

"Oh love!" I hear Griselda comment. "You should really tell your SISTER the truth!" She says emphasising on the word sister as she address Sria.

What is Griselda talking about?

"Keep yourself out of this Griselda!" Sria mutters with her teeth gritted.

"She's not going to go through what I've been!"Sria adds.

"You should leave!"I hear Sria say in a hurried tone and pushed me towards Darshan.

"Sria what the hell is happening?"I hear Darshan ask in confused and annoyed voice.

"Who is she calling your sister?" Sameer says in the same annoyed voice as Darshan.

"Calm down boys lemme explain you!"Griselda says

"No you shut the fuck up!"I hear Sria scream at her. Whats's the actually hell is happening?

"Don't you dare talk to me like that!"She says in a authoritative voice, look at her guts even when she is tied up she's demanding people around.

"Oh ya, try me!"Sir said taking two long strikes she lowers herself to Griselda's level, meeting her with a hateful gaze.

Griselda smirks at her saying "I see the genes!"

"Shut the fuck up both of you!"I hear Sameer growl in frustration.

He walks up to Sria and pulls her up to stand. She visibly shivers at his roughness and she apologises right away leaving her.

"Look if you won't tell us, let her!"He explains to her patiently. She keeps quiet after that and Griselda takes the opportunity and starts to talk.

"I had come to India the first time some 25 years back, when I was 24!" she started.

"At that time I wasn't such a big name nor was I so rich to employ anyone so I went to cheap clubs to sell my drugs myself" she continued and there was pin drop silence.

"One night I was so depressed that I wasn't doing good and overdosed myself with the drugs. I was taken to the hospital in time and I was saved.

"I recovered from the physical trauma but they send me to psychological department and started treating me. I started to develop romantic feelings for my doctor. Although I knew he was married I couldn't help it.

"One night my doctor came to my room drunk, distressed and fed up with his wife. I ended up comforting him. And we went a little beyond the edge" she said, and I felt Darshan grip my wrist. I looked at him and he had a disgusted expression.

DARSHAN'S POV

How can she even say such a thing with no guilt. I look at Aaliya and find her already staring at me mirroring my expressions. She intertwines our fingers and I give her a small smile.

"The next day he got scared of what he'd done and that his wife might our so signed my discharge papers. I was more than glad for that. I never really love him or anything, he was just a good distraction."Griselda added and I hated her more after this.

"I blackmail him and asked him to give me money in order for me to keep quiet. He gave me as much as 10 lakhs and asked me to leave. So I came to Mumbai and started my business again, stronger and better.

"After a few months I found out I was pregnant! When I tried to opt for abortion, they said it's not safe as it had already been 5 months! Those were the worst 9 months of my life!" she said, how can a mother not like her children?

"To make it worse I had twins! It felt like a parasite growing in me!"she added with disgust. I feel like slapping some senses into her.

"I got two girls!"

************************************************************************

Ok this got very long and that's why I stopped here.

Any guesses what's happening next? The last big revelation coming up.

Please leave a lots of comments!

P.S the book is ending very soon

Love ya!