Part 6

Taehyung's POV

"I know him, he's in one of my classes," I told Jimin, admitting that I do know who his ex boyfriend was. The guy was quite popular due to his skills and looks.

"Really? Which class?" the smaller boy's eyes still sparkled at the mention of his ex.

How can that guy still fall for someone else when such an angel like Jimin had been by his side all this while?

"Photography,"

His face dropped at my answer and I could easily guess the reason why.

The Jungkook I saw was always close with this one girl who took the same class, and since I wasn't close with him, I did think that they might be best friends, if not boyfriend and girlfriend.

"How did you know?" I asked low, wanting to know how this boy came to his decision to break it off with that Jungkook guy.

"Everytime we made a plan for a date, he'd always cancel it last minute, saying he got assignments to complete for the photography class and I understand. But then one day, when I thought that he was going to give me a box of present for our anniversary, I found out that the present was for the girl. I saw him giving it to her when I went to give him a surprise visit after class," he told, voice low as he stared down on his shoes.

"So you cut it off before it gets serious?" I asked, looking at the boy, making sure he wasn't crying before I focused back on the walkway in front of us.

"Yeah, I love him too much and before anything happens that would make me hate him, I'd like to stop it first," he took a deep breath and let it out heavily, sighing at the memories.

"I'm sorry,"

"Don't be. You don't even know me at that time, and I know our hearts can change. I can't stop him if he starts to fall for someone else, and I don't like forcing him to stay too," a pained smile decorated Jimin's face and my heart hurt for him when I saw the forced smile.

The boy looked so heartbroken that I didn't have the heart to say what's on my mind.

We can't stop ourselves from getting attracted to someone new, but I do believe that we can control the way we feel and act around that new person.

Loyalty.

Isn't that what's all this about?

If you were loyal to one person, come Miss World or whoever it was, you'll only see your partner in your eyes.

Even if you're seduced by the most beautiful person in the world, if you made your choice to stay loyal to your partner, you'll be able to push the seducer away from you.

It's a choice.

You decide whether you stay loyal, or let the outsider enter your heart.

Well, that's how I feel.

But I'll just keep it in me this time, not wanting the boy who was walking by my side even more sad as we walked back to our house.

"Tae?" Jimin called out.

I hummed, without looking away from the starry night.

"Did you lie about the rent being split 50-50?" he asked, and I laughed at his sudden question.

"Oops, exposed" I admitted, not wanting to lie to the cute boy.

"I know it's too good to be true that the house that great would only cost me so little. Why did you rent it out?" Jimin scrunched his nose and I cooed at his cuteness before answering.

"I got bored after Joon hyung moves out,"

"You mean that my room was once your brother's room?!" Jimim sounded so excited and I turned to my side to see his bright eyes.

"Yeah, why are you so happy? You like my brother?" I raised one of my eyebrows at the boy, and he smiled sheepishly, turning his head away to look at the front.

"Oops, exposed"

"Really?!" I widened my eyes at his answer and stopped the track, pulling Jimin's arm to stop with me.

"I'm not actually serious. I just love dimples, and your brother's very handsome. He's a whole package," Jimin laughed cutely, pulling me back to continue our walk.

"Wow, should I try match you up with my brother then?" I offered, seeing nothing wrong to match Jimin with Namjoon.

"Please don't. Although I'm sure that Namjoon hyung is kind, I'm still not ready for a new relationship," Jimin said softly, and I smiled, understanding his situation.