Part 5

Jimin's POV

I felt a brush of fingers through my hair and I slowly opened my eyes, awake from the sleep.

Sleep?

I quickly sat up from the couch and looked at Taehyung who just gave me a kind smile at my confused state.

"You're awake? We should go now. It's quite late," he spoke soft, his voice got deeper at the low volume he used.

"What time is it?" blinking a few times to focus on the watch on my wrist, I was quite surprised to see that it's already near seven o'clock.

"Just the perfect time for dinner. Come, I'll take you to my favorite restaurant," Taehyung invited, standing up with our backpacks in his one hand, while the other was offered to me, and I gladly took it, standing up by his side.

"You mean McDonald's?" I asked, still questioning at how could his favorite food be the greasy burger when all of his cooking were way better than the fast food.

"That's my favorite indeed, but not today. I have things I want you to know, and maybe if you want to tell me something, I'd be glad to lend my ears too," he smiled, rubbing my eyes with his thumb gently, and I brought my own fingers to feel my face.

My puffy face.

That's right, I cried.

"I look horrible, aren't I?" I asked, feeling embarrassed to be looking like a mess in front of the perfect handsome being in front of me.

"Nah, a little puffy, but still very cute" he grinned, gently tidying up my messy hair with his long slender fingers.

"I should go to the washroom first," feeling my cheeks heat up a little at the unexpected compliment, I tried to walk out the door to go find a restroom. Taehyung stopped me before I exited the room by placing both his hands on my shoulders, and turned my body to face a door, just a few meters in front of us, still inside the room.

"We have one in here, you can wash your face there," Taehyung pointed to the door, and I wondered at how he could be so familiar with the room.

How can he frequently visit this room if it's restricted from the public?

Was he a librarian?

--

"You're one of the heirs for the Kim?!" I dropped my fork accidentally due to the shock after hearing the news from Taehyung's mouth.

"Uh, yes. The second heir after my brother, who you met in the library earlier" Taehyung lifted his hand, calling for the waiter to help give me another clean fork.

"Your brother who?" I thanked and apologized to the waiter at the same time as she politely gave me the new utensil.

"Namjoon hyung. The one who you collided with?" Taehyung told casually, sipping his wine and I almost dropped the knife on the floor this time.

"That dimple guy is your hyung?!" I placed both fork and knife on the plate without having another bite of the tasty steak, needing a moment to brain the facts bombarded to me by my housemate.

My housemate was a Kim.

The Kim.

But I can't see any resemblance between the two?

"We're step siblings," Taehyung told right after the thought crossed my mind, probably because I was being very obvious with my facial expression.

"Ah, that's why you two don't look alike at all," I nodded in satisfaction at the info, and Taehyung chuckled as he look at me.

"Not even one similarity?" he tilted his head as he smiles.

"Sorry, I can't see it in your faces. But I do admit that both of you have very, very charming smile," I apologized, smiled back guiltily, not finding any similarities in them.

"You like my smile?" Taehyung smiled wider, and I nodded at his question.

"Very much. I always feel lighter after I see your smile,"

"Glad to hear it,"

"Thank you," I thanked him all of a sudden, making Taehyung look at me as he munched his own steak.

"Hmm?" he questioned, mouth still full with food.

"For earlier. For not questioning anything and be by my side while I cried," I gave him a genuine smile, and Taehyung replied, with the same honest smile on his face.

"You want to talk about it?"