- i've missed you

au : clementine and violet are married for year and half, but three months ago violet had to move away for a little way, because of work, which means she has not seen clementine for three months.

warnings : !no warnings!

a/n : i've been feeling like shit lately... *cough* 'lately' i mean past 9 months *cough* and they only thing that can make me think about something else is wattpad (and my crush😳)  so i'll be maybe spamming :))

words : 1387

(violet's pov)

It's been three months since I saw the love of my life. Clementine. Even though we called each other almost every day, I miss her. The way I woke up next to her and fell asleep. The way I always came from work and she started cuddling with me. The way I didn't have to worry about anything, because I knew she was with me. Her beautiful eyes, her smile, her touch and... I just miss everything about her.

Clementine and I called each morning when we were at the airport, but fortunately she didn't recognize it. I want to surprise her by finally coming home today. "Today" more like tomorrow, because I won't get home until after midnight, but it doesn't matter.

I've been on a plane for a few hours and I'm currently sitting at the airport. I'm very tired because I couldn't sleep on the plane. There was a crying baby who just couldn't stop crying. I thought for a moment about throwing the baby out of the flying plane, but then I calmed down a bit.

I looked at the photos on my phone with Clementine and some of them also had others like Louis, Minerva or Marlon. It's been a few years since we graduated from school, but we're all still friends.

Marlon and Brody got married a few months ago and you can see that they are very happy. Even Aasim and Ruby. The two had been dating for a long time, but no one believed that Aasim would ever ask her to marry him. I actually paid Louis for it because we made bet.

Louis broke up from Sofie two years ago after two years of relationship, and after a year he started dating James. I won't lie, but I haven't seen them apart since. It's as if they're glued together. But as long as Louis is happy, I'm fine with that.

When we were all still in school, Mitch found girlfriend on the Internet. After two years of long-distance relationships, Mitch moved in with her, and we've only seen him once since. Of course he would call once in a while, but not so often.

Omar moved away right after graduating from school, but he comes to visit us every summer.

Sophie and Minerva were never really part of our group, but since Louis was dating Sophie and I was dating Minnie, the others had to settle with them. Sophie found boyfriend a little after the breakup and she  doesn't even live that far from where me and Clementine live. She even told us a few weeks ago that she is pregnant! Sophie has always been nicer, so we were happy for her.

Sophie is in contact with us, unlike Minerva. No one has seen her since we graduated from school. Sometimes she adds something to social media with her new girlfriend, but otherwise she never calls or texts to any of us. It's not that we hate her, but we don't love her either.

I mean... I thought I used to love her, but that's the past now. Now I really love someone and I know they love me back. Clementine is everything to me, and now I'm on my way back to her.

I tucked my phone in my pocket and heard my stomach hunger. I took my luggage and headed for the vending machine. I put money in it and pressed 'A8'. It was a chocolate bar, but I honestly didn't care what it was. The important thing is that it is food.

Nothing happened. Argh really?! The chocolate bar got stuck and didn't want to fall. I slammed my palm lightly into it, but nothing happened. I did it a few more times, but still nothing. I was really upset this time because all I want to do is see my wife and this damn chocolate bar. I took a step back and kicked it. Finally! The chocolate bar finally fell down. I took it and noticed that a few people were staring at me. What? It's not my fault that it's broken.

I ate a chocolate bar and left the airport. It was a few minutes after midnight and the drive home would not take that long. I got a taxi in a few minutes. I put my luggage in the trunk of the taxi and sat inside. The driver looked nice, so I was quite shocked that he didn't want to talk just like other drivers want to. Apparently he was tired.

After about thirty minutes of driving through a quiet town, I was finally in front of our apartment. Clementine and I live in a pretty big apartment, so it's great. It's not extra big, but it's not small either. It's big enough to make a little party, even though I hate partying.

I paid the driver, and I went inside. I pulled out my keys and unlocked the front door. Our apartment is on the first floor, so I don't need to use the elevator. When I was in front of the apartment door, I smiled. I can not wait! Although Clementine will probably be asleep, I'm looking forward to see her finally.

I unlocked and opened the door. I set my luggage aside and took off my shoes and coat.

You will only know the smell of home when you have not been there for a long time. I missed this so much...

I didn't even want to turn on the lights so I wouldn't wake Clementine. I made my way to the bedroom. Slowly and quietly, I opened the door and saw her. Clementine lying still in bed with a night light. I laughed softly a little at the night light. Neither Clementine nor I really like the dark, so we use this light every night.

I closed the door behind me and walked quietly to the sleeping Clementine. When I saw her face, I was just so happy. I wanted to hug her and never let go... I came closer and knelt beside her. She had a strand of hair in her face, so I gently put it behind her ear. I leaned over and put a small soft kiss on her forehead. Clementine smiled a little, which shocked me. Wait-

Clementine opened her eyes and, without a second of waiting, pulled me into an embrace. I quickly hugged her tightly back and buried my head in her shoulder. We were just there for a while until we pulled apart.

Clementine placed both her hands on my cheeks. "This is not a dream?" I put my hand on hers and smiled even more. "This is not a dream." Clementine pulled me closer and pressed her lips to mine. I missed this so much. Her soft lips on mine.

"Is it just me or are you even prettier than before?" Clementine said with a smirk. I blushed a little. We've been together for so long and things like this can turn my face into a tomato. "Please. I can't be prettier." I said dramatically and rolled my eyes playfully.

"Keep talking like that and you'll be Louis number two..." Clementine tried to have a serious face. "But you're right." She finished and kissed my cheek.

After a while, I took a quick shower, changed into my pajamas, and went to Clementine. I jumped into bed mext to her and hid under a blanket. Clementine had her back turned to me, so I put my arm around her waist and pulled her closer. I put a small kiss on her neck and whispered. "I've missed you." "I've missed you too." Clementine whispered back. I laid my head on the pillow. "Good Night, Clem. I love you." Clementine laughed softly. "Good Night, I love you too, Violet."

-anna everett