Valentines Day

January went by faster that it should of and now it's February fourteenth. I did get the job at the art museum and it's going well.

Valentines Day, I don't really care for it, I just like it because the boxes of chocolate are on sale.

I was guiding a class of middle schoolers through the museum telling them about the different art pieces.

----------------six hours later--------------

I was currently sitting in my living room watching "Music and Lyrics" eating a box of chocolate.

Suddenly there was a knocking from my door. I wasn't expecting any guest today. I slowly opened the door and saw Tom standing there.

"Happy Valentines day!"

He said holding out a dozen red and white roses. I took them and held them up to my nose to smell them.

"They are lovely Tom thank you, but you didn't have too!"

I moved out of the way to let him in.

"Yes I did, every girl should get flowers on Valentines day... and Chinese food."

He said walking past me.

"Chinese food?"

I said.

"Yea I brought Chinese food for the both of us."

He said holding up the bag and then placing it on the kitchen table.

"You know I thought you would be with someone on Valentines day instead of showing up at my house with Chinese food and flowers."

I wasn't trying to complain but why spend a valentines day with me, I just eat chocolate and watch movies.

"No, I rather spend it with you."

He said seriously.

"Oh"

Was all I said as I handed Tom a plate. I put some food on my plate and walked over to the couch.

"What movie do you want to watch?"

I asked him from the living room.

"You pick."

He said walking into the living room and taking a seat next to me. I scrolled through the channels and I spotted one of my favorite movies, "The Wedding Singer."

We sat eating, talking and watching for an hour until I pulled out a box of chocolate.

Tom's face lit up like a kid in a candy store. He looked at the different chocolates and picked one.

The both of us ate a whole box of chocolate in seven minutes.

-------------three hours later--------------

Tom and I are playing Rummy on the living room floor and let's just say I am not winning.

Suddenly I felt a bloody nose coming.

"Not again!"

I whispered to myself and I got up from the floor. I grabbed a napkin and added pressure to my nose.

"Darling, are you ok?"

I heard Tom ask as he came closer to me.

"I'm fine, it's just a bloody nose."

When my bloody nose stopped me and Tom went back to playing Rummy.

We played rummy until ten pm. After Tom left I went to bed so I can get up for work tomorrow.