Coming Over

"Grace!"

I heard Lucy shout as I was walking into the break room.

"Luc."

"Tell me about you're 'date' yesterday."

I told her about it. It wasn't like a date date but it was a friendly get to know you date.

--------------three hours later-------------

It was a busy day today, lots of people. I just left the restaurant and was now headed back home. Tom was coming over later, I don't know what time but he said he was gonna come.

When I got back home I turned up the heat and got something to eat. After I ate I changed into an old pair of jeans and a tank top.

When I was settled in I walked over to the small desk in the corner of my living room and got out some paint brushes, paint and a canvas. I started painting something on it but then I realized it was awfully quiet so I grabbed my phone and plugged it into speaker.

The first song that came on was "Sweet Dreams" by The Eurythmics, one of my favorites. I turned it up louder. I continued painting, I was painting a picture of the flowers on my kitchen table.

few moments later I heard a knock at the door. 'Shoot...I have paint all over me.' I quickly wiped my hands on my jeans leaving some paint on them. I turned down the music a bit and walked to the door. I looked through the peephole to see who it was. It was Tom.

I turned the knob, getting a little paint on it and opening the door to let him in. He was standing there wearing a button up shirt and jeans.

"Hello darling"

"Tom!"

I was kinda happy to see him. I stood out of the way and let him into the apartment. He just stood there for a moment and looked around.

"Such a lovely home."

"Thank you."

I said as I was walking to the kitchen. I wet a paper towel and cleaned the door knob.

"Would you like something to drink?"

I asked.

"Do you have tea?"

"Yes I do."

I walked back to the kitchen this time with Tom. I put a kettle on the stove and let it boil.

---------------half hour later--------------

"Is this the painting you were painting when I got here?"

Tom asked.

"Yes it is."

"This is absolutely wonderful!"

"Thank you, it's not done though."

"But when it is it will be amazing!"

"Thank you."

The music was still playing softly in the background.

"Do you have any other art works?"

Tom asked.

"Yes I have many."

"Can I see some?"

"Yes you can."

I walked closer to the desk and grabbed a portfolio that was behind it. It was a big blue portfolio, it was one of the many I had. I handed the portfolio to Tom, he looked so exited to look through it.

He opened it up and pulled out the drawings and paintings. The first one he pulled out was a painting of the park down the street from my house. He kept looking through the paintings, sometimes asking questions.

We finished looking through the blue portfolio then moved to the next one.

----------------an hour later---------------

We spent the past hour looking through my art work and talking about it. I loved how he took such interest in things like this.

Now we are sitting on the couch eating pizza and watching a movie. Movies and pizza equals a good day.

By time the movie finished I fell asleep on Tom's shoulder.