Snow

When I woke up it was nine thirty and my stomach was growling. I went downstairs to get some breakfast, that was my number one priority right now. When I got to the kitchen everyone stopped and stared at me. 'Do I really look that bad in the morning?'

"You look fabulous."

Leia said sarcastically trying not to laugh.

"Ha ha, very funny."

I said just as sarcastically back.
I then walked to the counter and grabbed a piece of toast off the plate.

"Do you usually get this much snow here?"

Tom asked while he was looking out the kitchen window.

"Yes every year, but you get used to it."

I said walking to the window, looking out it with him.

"Wow."

Was all he could say.

----------------an hour later---------------

I was now all cleaned up. I took a shower, brushed my teeth and put on regular clothes.

"What are the plans for today?"

Tom asked.

"Well it's cold and snowy so I don't think it's a good time to give you a tour but, I plan to bring you to a hockey game this week."

"That sounds lovely!"

He said after he heard my plans.

"Who wants to go outside!"

I heard Leia yell.

"I do, how about you Tom?"

"Yea lets go."

We bundled ourselves up and went outside to the cold snow. Suddenly I felt something hit my back, it was Leia, she threw a snow ball at me, I through one back. We are grown adults having a snowball fight.

When I was running I ran directly into Tom and knocked him over with me toppling on top of him. I grabbed a bunch of snow and I threw it at him then got up and ran. He was still laying on the ground not completely sure of what went on.

He got off the ground and picked up some snow and made a snow ball. I tried to run but he has longer legs than me and quickly caught up with me. He picked me up off the ground and both Tom and Leia threw a snow ball at me.

After our snow ball fight we went inside. The house was so warm unlike the twenty degree weather outside. I took off my coat, gloves and hat and made hot chocolate for the three of us.

---------------six hours later---------------

It was six thirty in the after noon. I was in the kitchen making dinner with Tom. I was making chicken soup while Tom was setting the table.

When the soup was ready I called everyone else and served the soup. The soup turned out really good.

After we all ate dinner we cleaned up our dishes and went our own ways.

I was sitting I front of the fire place with a cup of tea and a blanket reading a book. I was really into the book that I didn't hear anyone come into the room.

"Hey."

I heard Tom say sitting down next to me.

"Hi."

I replied back looking at him.

"This is where you have been for the past hour?"

"Yup, it's quiet and nice down here by the fire."

"It is, do you mind if I say down here with you for a little while?"

"Not at all."

I gave him some of the blankets and continued to read. Books, tea, fire and your best friend, a great way to end you're day. I started to get a little tired of reading.

"Tom?"

I said kinda quietly looking up at him.

"Yes darling?"

He replied looking down at me.

"Can you read this for me?"

"Of course I will."

He started to read the book to me. I put the blanket over the both of us and then I leaned my head on Tom's shoulder using it as a pillow, he looked down at me then back at the book.

We have been reading the book for three hours. I started to get a little sleepy I shut my eyes for a moment but I don't remember falling asleep.

--Tom's point of view--

I felt a small movement coming from Grace. I looked down at her, she was sleeping. She looked so peaceful sleeping, I didn't want to wake her up so I just stayed there. I kept reading the book until the fire went out.

When the fire went out I lifted Grace off the floor and set her down on the couch tucking her in with the blanket. I grabbed the book and set it on one of the end tables near the couch. Then I grabbed the cup of tea and placed it in the sink then going upstairs to bed.