Chapter 8 - I've Got A Secret, At The Tip Of My Tounge

I've Got a Secret,  At The Tip Of My Tounge 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oliver text me when i got home from work, he asked if i wanted to join him at a house party. I was dreading this, i couldn't refuse to go... well i could but i don't know how he would react. He would either simply be fine with it and shrug it off or he would be controlling and blackmail me. Matt obviously didn't want me to go. He was overprotective because i was the person that he ran away from his family with. Matt didn't have anyone else, he had me and i had him.

The door bell echoed through the house. My head turned to the clock above my bed. Exactly 7:00...like he said. I heard Osakar's little paws scatter across my laminated floor to the door. I slipped my Black dolly shoes on and took a quick last glance of myself in the mirror. I worse a black dress (of course it was black) and did my makeup like i usually did. I think i'm ready.

I opened the door and stared at the tall figure in front of me. My body froze as i met his big brown eyes.

"ello love, you look beautiful." he stated. His sweet words finally sunk into me and i let go of my nerves. 

"Thank you." i managed to push out. Oliver smiled and knelt down to pet Oskar.

"Is this your dog?" I couldn't picture Oliver Sykes, the person that Matt said fucked girls over and was an asshole cuddle my dog like his life depended on it. "Whats your dogs name?" he put Oskar back on his feet.

"eh... his names.. a.. Oskar." i finally lived in the moment.

he smiled back up at me and grabbed my small hand. " lets go." he let go of my hand and strolled towards his car. I locked the door and silently got into  his car. He sped off down the street as usual, avoiding every traffic light. I concentrated on his face, it went from casual to pissed off to concentration.

"Em Alice, can you go into my jacket pocket and take out two pounds." He said puling me out of my thoughts. I reached back into the back seat and grabbed his Drop Dead jacket (not the one that is laying on my bedroom floor.)

"I have your jacket by the way." I mumbled. i don't know why but when he wasn't occupied with everything else, when he was just with me he was calm and laid back.

"Its okay, you can keep it love." he smiled.

"No really, its yours." i said.

"Its okay, i own many."  I reached into the jacket pocket and pulled out his wallet, it was also Drop Dead. I grabbed two pounds and reached my hand out in front of him.

"here." 

"No keep it, its for the beer." he laughed. I opened up his jacket pocket again and put the money back into his pocket.

"What are you doing? " He chuckled.

"Giving your money back." i stated the obvious.

"No take it." he glanced at me.

"nope." i snickered.

"Fine, i will buy you something." he said.

"I will give you another free beer." the car had now stopped outside the house that was filled with people and screaming music. Oliver turned in his seat and was looking straight into my eyes.

"Your difficult." he whispered.

"And your not very positive." i smiled. 

"Why don't you just take the money." He said as we both got out of the car.