Chapter 14 - Blessed With A Curse

Blessed With A Curse

--------------

ALICE'S POV

*************

All of these questions ran through my head making me not aware of what was around me.

I stopped in my tracks once i heard a loud horn come from my left. I shut my eyes tight now fully aware of what was coming my direction. The car lights lit up my tiny body and i felt like everything was moving in fast motion. I screamed and gripped Oskar tight as i knew it was my last chance. I felt nothing. My hands were shaking and Oskar was silent. I slowly crept one eye open.

"get in." i heard the familiar voice that made me swollen inside. I lifted my head in shock. His mop of hair hung out of the open car widow and a cigarette balanced between his lips. I ran round the side of the car and slipped into the passenger seat, My body hit the seat like there was a loss of gravity. He sped off down the street and turned the corner furiously. I pulled Oskar up to my face and cried like a little girl.

"Stop crying, I'm here." Oli laid his hand on my knee and he controlled the wheel with the other. I flinched away from his touch and glared at him.

"That's rich coming from you." I growled.

"Stop!" He punched the steering wheel making me shutter and his mop of hair to shoot forward. He lifted his hand to his face and sighed. Dried up blood covered his nuckles and newly scarred cuts laid upon his wrist. He didn't, did he?

"I need you Alice!" Teardrops rolled down his face. I sunk in my seat as his intimidating figure hunched over the steering wheel sobbing. My eyebrows knitted together as I tried to figure out what he had just said. I wasn't making a big deal out of it but I never expected that to come out of his mouth.

"You ran away from me." He grunted. He turned his head and looked at me with great fear and hurt. His eyes were red and a bloody scar sat diagonal across his cheek.

"It's not fair Alice." He sobbed. His eyes sparkled in the light of darkness. I cried as I stared at his bulging eyes and messy hair.

I sobbed as I caressed his cheek . Lining the scar and trailing my hand threw his hair.

"You promised." He sobbed.

"I know, I know... I'm sorry." I laid my head against his chest and sobbed. I pulled at the collar of his patterned shirt. He kissed my head and whispered "I need you." I stared into his eyes and felt guilt wash over me. I didn't need to feel it because at that point when I was standing at olis door it felt right, but I am feeling it.

A loud horn beeped behind us.

"Move it." An angry man yelled. Oli brought himself back together and stared into the side mirror.

"Son of a bitch." He yelled. The car pulled off faster than a lightning bolt. His face held nothing. His nuckles remained buckled as he stirred the car. I sat back and looked down at my tattooed hands. I shouldn't have left his house that night but somehow I feel happy with myself. I broke him. He crumbled right in front of me. Maybe now I will finally feel comfortable with him.

After a car ride of silence and sobbing the car came to a holt outside of his house.

"Come inside." Oliver whispered. He took Oskar out of my hands and smiled. Oskar spun in circles on his lap and barked.

"Let's go." He smiled still with tears in his eyes. I smiled at him and opened my door. Oliver slipped out of the other side and walked up the path to his door. He spun the door handle and pushed open the door. Oskar pounced out of his arms and ran across his sofas in excitement.