Chapter 24: A Life in the Pagoda

Opening his eyes, Dijun had felt the headache onto his head as he saw it was morning. Although he couldn't remember much what was happening there was someone with him at that time. He had remembered something before falling asleep as the person had healed him. As he stood up and look at the door he found it strange perhaps this realm was a mix between the mortal and immortal realm. 

When he had walked out someone had stopped him.

The small figure had called out to him. When he had turned around to the voice, it had seen the figure had known him well.

"Dijun!" The person said.

Looking up, it was the presence of a man who had to help him. He was a small person thin in shape and his hair was tied up neatly with a wooden hairpin.

"The pagoda." His voice had deepened a little. "We're staying here a while till we can leave it."

However, the voice of this man had sounded very familiar to him. It was a shame he couldn't figure out who it was.

"What's your name?" He asked the small man as he watches as he was trying to chop the wood in half but had failed to.

"Xiao Jiu." He said as he was trying to cut the wood before Dijun had come to grabbed the hatchet and began to cut it for him. 

"Thanks." He whispered quietly as he saw Dijun beginning to pick it up.

"So, how long have you been here?" Dijun had asked him as he tried to remembered what had happened last night but with no recollection of what had happened.

"Uh-last night?" Xiao Jiu had respodned.

"How did you find me?" Dijun had asked him.

"Uh, I suppose I came across you. Hey, I saved you." He then reminded Dijun expecting the Emperor to repay him back.

Dijun then lets out small laughter of joy.

"So what? You expect me to repay you back?"

"Yea!" Xiao Jiu said as he crosses his arms and huff. "Repay for my kindness isn't that too hard?"

"Do I know you?" Dijun had asked him hastily. "More importantly do you know me?"

Xiao Jiu confusingly had stopped and given out nervous laughter as he turns around before turning back around placing his hands on his hips and let out small nervous laughter.

"Haha...Dijun..yes...." He responded. "You see I try to save you yesterday...But I wasn't very good at school so you lost some of your memory."

Hearing that Dijun pulls the ax quickly out from the wood and slightly tap the wooden handle on his hand as he looks at Xiao Jiu who seems to be hiding in a tree.

"So you were saying we were together before we enter here?" He asked.

"Um yes?" Xiao Jiu then responded as he begins to get farther. "How about this you get the woods. And I find food. Is a compromise."