Chapter 29: The bride of the pagoda

When the morning had arrived, it had become the day she had not hoped for when she had fantasized as a young cub of Qing Qiu. Dressed in all red and the veil covered her head. Sitting the golden palanquin, she reaches in her sleeve for a dagger. Slightly touching the golden handle she opens it seeing her reflection through her red veil. Before slowly closing it and hid it under her sleeve again. In her right hand was the glowing phoenix ring that was placed on her finger. Taking it off she took out her handkerchief and safely kept it in there was she was arriving at the Palace of the Pagoda where the Demon King had waited for her arrival. Helping her down was Lord Wen Chang.

"Dijun." Feng Jiu whispered as she hands him the dagger since weapons of any sort weren't allowed in there. Tie to the dagger's handle was the ring he had gifted to her. Before he had let her off, Dijun had placed a small spell on her to keep her safe. He watches as Feng Jiu places her hand on the Demon King.

"Ah, alas Xiao Jiu has become my wife."

It had made her remembered something before she had left as she turns around to see Dijun holding onto his sword with a smile and nodded his head. Last night when they had gotten married, they didn't sleep at all last night and spent the last night star gazing together.

 Last night when they had gotten married, they didn't sleep at all last night and spent the last night star gazing together

"Of course I will. Xiao Bai, you're still my wife no matter what." Dijun had said to her as they look at the early dawn sky.

"It feels wrong somehow." Feng Jiu said to him. "It feels like I betray you."

Touching her face he shakes his head as he kisses her hand.

"Just remember this isn't real." He said to her. "Xiao Bai, even if you betray me, I still love you."

The words had lingered her throughout the morning.

Turning around Feng Jiu look at the landscape of the pagoda and the man in white wearing a mask standing there watching her. Her smile had faded as she enters the wedding ceremony. Coming closer to the Demon King, the familiar smell of sandalwood had disappeared instead the dark smell of strong incense smell like surrounded her lungs. Holding the Demon King's hand she finally looks into his eyes. As she waits for him to open her veil. His lips were coming in faster than she had expected, placing her hand to his lips she had prevented him from kissing her.

"Your excellence, shouldn't we wait for the night."

Grabbing her hand he nodded.

"My good wife is right. We shall wait for the night. Everyone, please enjoy the ceremony we're having today then."

Sitting next to him, Feng Jiu begins to pour a little wine in her cup. A few yards from her was Dijun playing his harp. His eyes had met with her, making him missing one note in his piece but he shook it off as he begins to play it. The piece was melodic enough to make her feel mellow and the harmony had made her felt a stab of betrayal in her heart.