Chapter 27: Ring for the bells of the Pagoda

For the next few days, Feng Jiu has been busing herself with a large amount of work that the Demon King had to assign her. Though she had well known it was his excuse yet again to get closed to her when she attended the morning court. But she was a good reserve, only loving one man in her life. Even if she didn't love Dijun, her heart would never go after the Demon King.

"Xiao Jiu." The Demon King speaks to her.

Holding the wooden scroll higher to her face to avoid his contact she lets out a small hmp. 

"How's Lord Wen Chang?" The Demon King asked her. "Is he well?"

Slowly placing down the wooden scroll on the table she begins to grind more ink before dipping her paintbrush in and wrote some words in the scroll before she looks at the Demon King. And then ignoring him again as she begins to write some words down onto the page.

 And then ignoring him again as she begins to write some words down onto the page

(Image found on Pinterest Kwang T.)

"Your excellence, what's your motive this morning?" She asked him. "I'm not a fool."

"Very well." The Demon King had said to her. "You do know me the best."

"Your actions seem to speak well." Feng Jiu replied to him.

Grabbing her hand the Demon King places a ring on her finger.

"What is this?" She asked him.

"Xiao Jiu, haven't you heard when a groom places a ring on the bride they're married?"

She snickered in laughter as she touches the ring on her finger.

"Your Excellency, you wish to marry me without knowing who I am?" She asked him. "As I said before you can do anything to please my heart but the answer is no."

Standing up she grabbed the wooden scroll.

"I'm leaving now." She said to him.

As she opens the door she quickly grabbed the ring from her finger and laughs before throwing it on the floor and stepping on it until it had broken into million fragments of glass before walking away.

But a familiar voice had called out to her.

"Princess Juige?"

Hearing that Feng Jiu had turned her head to a young gentleman dress in a yellow robe. He was quite young but tall. His face was filled with smiles as he saw her. Walking to him he tried to hold on tight to his items and his excitement.

"Princess Juige!"

When he had said her names he had dropped all the items and hugged her tight around her.

"Do I know you?" She asked him as she pushes him away from a little.

"Your highness, you do." He said to her. "I finally caught up to you. What are you doing here? Are you planning to escape too?"