Chapter Twenty Eight

There comes a moment in everyone's life where they feel alone. As though no-one, in the world, is there for them; they all keep living their lives, unaware of you. My moment was now.

A whole day had slowly dragged onsince the fight,and the guilt was gnawing at me,tearing my insides to shreds, but at the same time, anxiety and stress were building up inside of me, thickening and compressing into one, big, ball of utter turmoil. I was slowly going insane. It felt like there was no one to keep me grounded. Without an anchor, I was only a sinking ship.

Biting my lip, I held back the tears that fought for escape. I shakily let out a breath, as I, step by step, carried on with my walk. Earlier, I had thought It'd be a good idea to take a ‘calming’ walk before school. Obviously, I hadn't taken it into account that it would allow my mind to wander off into forbidden territories that I was trying to push back.

Kicking a rock angrily into a tree, I cursed the world. Why couldn't life be simpler? Just a few months ago I was a normal girl; now? Now I'm standing here, crying for a sister who's been taken by people, who can transform into wolves, and a boyfriend who can do it too. Sitting on the curb, I looked at the early morning sky.

Something my father had taught me over the years was that whenever you feel sad, lost, overwhelmed etc, look at the sky. Behind every grey cloud and every storm, there is always sunshine waiting to break through. Just like the sky; every bad moment in your life, has a good effect on you too.

I savoured the sunlight on my face. The sky was my escape. Because I know up there, my father is watching me. It’s my onlyconnection to him.

The sudden shrill of my phone tore me from my peaceful thoughts. So, brushing off the tears that had dried on my face, I answeredit.

"Hello?" I winced as I noticed how shaky my voice sounded. Standing up from the curb, I slung my bag over my shoulder and began my steady walk to school.

"Tessa? It's me, Tate"It took me by surprise to hear from Tate. He’s a very unpredictable person and for that reason I remain wary near him. I quickly peered at my phone and saw it said 'unknown'. Frowning, I placed the phone back to my ear.