5 - Parties and punches

Becky
Everyone was here now and I knew it was almost time to make my speech, Nikki gave me a nod and I walked towards the little stage thingy.

"So thank you all for coming today! It does mean the world to me, but this isn't just a birthday party."

I took a deep breath and saw Luke reassuringly nod at me.

"So I've been hiding this for a while because I was scared but some amazing people helped convince me to throw this party to tell you all."

I took another deep breath and gripped the mike to try and steady my nerves.

"I am...expecting a baby."

I heard gasps and saw smiles from everyone except Colby, I made my way off stage and was smothered in hugs from practically everyone that is here. I could see how anxious Nikki looked so I made my way over to her after I finished hugging everyone.

"Hey you'll be fine, I'm sure she'll say yes. Now go up there before I propose to her!"

She beamed at me before running up to the stage, everyone fell quiet once more.

"So over the last year I've been dating this incredible woman, all of you know her and know how strong and incredibly beautiful she is. I am nervous but I need to get this done, I love her too much. So Alexis Kaufman will you marry me?"

The spotlight fell onto Lexi and she burst out in tears as she ran towards the stage.

"Yes! Yes I will marry you!"

The kissed and the club erupted into cheers, I made my way back onto the stage and spoke into the mike once more.

"Does anyone else have any announcements?"

They all shook there head.

"So let's partyyyyyyyyy!"

The DJ started playing his tracks and everyone just started to dance, I was dancing near the bar when I felt someone grab my arm and pull me outside.

"Colby?"

"Is it mine?"

Without hesitation I shook my head, even though it is his.

"So you cheated on me while we were still together and now your pregnant?"

I shook my head once more.

"So what your the new Virgin Mary now!"

He was shouting in my face and I wanted him to stop. I watched Luke grab him by the collar and punch him right across the jaw.

"Luke stop!"

He continued to punch him even after he was bleeding. I put my hands on his shoulders trying my hardest to pull him off.

"Luke please!"

I was crying but he still wouldn't listen, I did the only thing that I thought would make him stop, I kicked him. Instead of making him stop he turned all his anger to me, he pinned my hands against the wall and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He's always been so kind to me and now he's like this.

"Get off me Luke!"

I could feel my wrists bruising under the pressure, he let go of my wrist and slapped me. I cried out in pain and tried to move away from him.

"Get off her you bastard!"

I saw Colby standing once more, he took Luke out with a solid punch. Colby knocked him out cold, I was still standing against the wall with fear in my eyes when he pulled me into a hug.