8 - Hospital visits

Colby
I have so many things I want to tell Becky but I know now is just not the right time.

"I just don't know if I'm ready for a relationship Colby..."

I would be lying if I said my heart didn't break a little then but I do understand why, I nod my head but lace my fingers with Becky's. She didn't tense up or even try to move away.

"You don't have to stay..."

"Becky, I would never leave you. Especially not now."

I could sense her nerves so I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, she shook her head and pulled her hand away.

"I'm sorry..."

"You have nothing to be sorry for, I'm the one who should be apologising."

"I've been lying to you."

"How? What have you lied about..."

"Everything!"

I could see her already fragile facade breaking down before my eyes, I moved away but kept with my eye contact with her. I felt the tension filling the air and I heard her gulp.

"Becky please tell me, I'll try not to get mad."

"It's your kid..."

I had my suspicions but I never truly believed that Becky would lie about this, I've missed nearly the entire pregnancy. I haven't been able to be by her side, nor did I feel like I should be because she kept me in the dark.

"I tried to tell you the day you broke up with me, after what you said I thought you wouldn't want to be involved!"

"Don't try and put this on me, you should've told me! It's my kid too Rebecca, you had the chance to tell me at the pregnancy reveal party but you didn't! This isn't my fault."

"I was scared, okay I was fucking terrified that I'd tell you and you'd spit your poison at me once more! I had every right to be scared."

"And I had every right to know you were pregnant!"

She sunk down in her bed and I could feel her fear, I don't mean to scare her but I just lose my temper pretty easily.

"I haven't been able to come to any appointments or be supportive or help on the bad days! I know I may seem angry and I am but all I want is to help the both of you!"

"I know, I was going to tell you sooner then stuff happened and I went to Ireland."

"Becky all I want is to help..."

"Yep, I know. I'm a fool."

"So am I, I never should've let you go. I never should've hurt you."

"There no point going in circles, we've both made mistakes. Some bigger than others but we can't change them."

I looked deep into her eyes and in a moment of passion, did the one thing that has been on my mind all these months. I kissed her and unlike I thought she didn't pull away, if anything she deepened the kiss. We only stopped when I accidentally snagged her IV thing, her arm started to bleed and I quickly climbed off the bed and called in a nurse. She was patched up quickly and once the nurse left she burst out in laughter.

"You idiot..."

"Thank you!"

She was wheezing as I sat on the end of her bed unimpressed, she pulled me up the bed by my arm and kissed me.

"We gotta take things slow, I'm not ready for anything intense."

"Yeah, I get it we're a working progress Becks."