Chapter Twenty: Two Dates, One Problem

Chapter Twenty|

        That was very surprising to me when she suddenly asked me that. Very surprising. I sort of stumbled between my words, hoping that I didn't say anything to upset her-especially on how drunk she was that night.

        I told her I needed to think about it. All I thought about was Isaac. I mean, I guess it would fine to date two people at the same time. Or different sexes, right? But then I thought about other things that could happen if I did that: my parents freaking out, pregnancy, lies, or possibly an STD.

        Regina left the next morning without even me noticing. The only reason I knew this was because when I woke up, she was no where to be found whatsoever. Then she text me saying:

                 "Sorry I left early! Had to go to the hospital again for Raquel."

        I wasn't mad. It was completely understandable. After all, it was her little sister we were talking about. The following Monday morning during school, Vladimir invited me, Brenda, and the rest of the band mates to his New Years Eve party at his house. I wanted to go, but I also wanted Brenda to come since she wasn't a big fan of house parties. But eventually she was persuaded by Otto to finally say yes, probably thinking about the New Years Eve kiss she would spend with Otto.

        During study hall, I pulled Regina to the side away in the hallway so we wouldn't disturb the students, asking her if she asked me was genuine. But she looked at me puzzled, so she most likely didn't even know what happened that Friday night. When I went with her every moment that happened that night, that was when it finally clicked on her head.

        "Oh yeah, I did ask you that." she said. "But why would you think it wasn't genuine? I was really asking you out."

        "Because you were freakin' drunk. I didn't know whether I should take you seriously, considering how many times you kept taking off your pants through the whole night."

        Then again, they always said that the alcoholic could be a truth serum. So Regina asking me out was really genuine.

        "I don't think there's anything wrong with asking a friend out, right?" She crossed her arms, questioning.

        "No but you-"

        "-Then go out with me," She cut me off.

        "Regina," I said, "You can't just force someone to go out with you."

     "Of course I can." She smiled. "I could take you out to dinner or something. And if you want, I'll pay for the bill."

        That sounded like music to my ears. Free dinner? I could never say no to that. "You're serious?"

        "Yes." She said.

         I told her I wasn't a big fan of going to fancy restaurants and then I didn't want her to pay all the much money for just the two of us. Even though it was good for my pocket, I just wasn't a big fan of anyone paying a load of money just for someone to please me. So I finally said yes we both agreed to a semi-casual restaurant in downtown that wasn't expensive.

        "Next Saturday at nine pm, okay?" She told me

        I replied, "Sure."

        But Regina wasn't the only person that wanted to make plans that next coming weekend. As I opened my locker, an small envelop gently slipped onto the flooring labeling Your Early Christmas Present. I fastened the envelop open and there were one two-hundred fifty dollars. The first thing that popped into my head was a good shopping spree and maybe do some early Christmas shopping for my parents and friends. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see Isaac standing right behind me.