Chapter Twenty-Three: The Ghost of You

Chapter Twenty-Three|

        Merry Xmas, babe! I hope you had a wonderful time at the trip we had. I know I did. Here's a little gift for you and your trouble. I hope you love it.

Love, Isaac

        It also made me smile on how perfect his cursive was. It was like reading one of those really fancy Christmas cards from Hallmark or something. I unwrapped the gift and there was a gift box that had a smile face written on top of it. I opened it and there was a golden Alex and Ani bracelet that had my first initial. Below it was a CD that was decorated with different-colored sharpies. There was a little note on top of it that had a list of songs that reminded him of me. Immediately, I popped the CD on my stereo in my room and listened to the songs as I was getting ready for the Christmas morning, with just washing my face and brushing my hair.

        My parents put Christmas tunes in the living room before my cousins and my aunt came downstairs to eat breakfast. My mom also gave me a golden Alex and Ani mermaid bracelet and cross body bag from Forever 21 while my Dad gave me a hundred dollar gift card to spend whatever I wanted. I really didn't ask for much for Christmas, so I didn't expect much either. And that didn't matter anyways. I was one of those who felt that having family and friends along during Christmas was all that mattered.

        When Brenda called, we both exchanged our apologies for what happened and she came over my house for a visit. She was very content because it was what she wanted, which was an Urban Decay Naked Palette along with other Sephora makeup items. Brenda wanted to look into Cosmetology, but felt like she wasn't as good enough as Bethany's. But I said otherwise, although her makeup previously made my skin break out into pimples. So this was the perfect opportunity for me to update her makeup for her so that won't ever happen again.

        "Did you open your's yet?" We both looked over the unwrapped gift that was left on my nightstand.

        "Not yet."

        "Well, I'm sure you're gonna like it." She smiled. "It's not much, but it something worthwhile."

        "Well since it's Christmas, I shall open it right now." I reached over to grab the gift and slowly unwrapped by each corner. It was nicely done with a ribbon, although I highly doubt she did it that perfectly herself. It was another Alex and Ani bracelet that was a half-broken heart with the word best. She held her wrist up and showed off her other bracelet that read friends. I hadn't had a friendship bracelet since Freshman year with Emily.

        But it just came to show how close Brenda and I are with each other. She was like a sister that I always wanted. And I showed her my appreciation with a tight hug, especially after that mini debacle we had.

        "By the way, you'll never believe what Otto is going to do for me." She became jumpy.

        Apparently Otto decided to surprise her with tickets to go to New York City on New Year's Eve. It was sort of funny because she talked about that a week ago.

        "I'm just so excited for it it's unbelievable." She placed her hand where her heart was and squinted in excitement. "Otto is literally the best boyfriend ever!"

        "I'm really happy for you, Brenda." I said. And I really was happy for her. Besides, she wasn't really looking forward to going to Vladimir's New Years Eve party since she wasn't a big fan of house parties like I was. It would've been nice to spend New Years with her, but at least I still had Isaac and the rest of the band.

        "I don't know what I'm gonna wear." She said. "I wanna wear a nice dress but it may be cold."

        "Yeah, you might wanna bundle up." I still won't forget how freezing it was at New York.