Chapter Nineteen: That Very Tipsy Night

Chapter Nineteen|

        It's been a nearly a month since Isaac gave me his book and I still haven't brought myself to read it. I'll admit, I wasn't the most dedicated reader who could easily breeze through a book within two hours or less unlike other book worms in the world. His book has been sitting on my nightstand catching dust with the rest of the books I wasted my money on not reading-just to "prove" to my parents that I was a reader when I knew damn well I wasn't.

        It was the Saturday night Regina invited me to Suzie's house. She seemed super excited to meet considering how she smiled nonstop the minute she shook my hand. Suzie looked like someone who would probably be considered a Victoria's Secret Model if she was just tall enough-the long wavy blonde hair and red pouty lips that didn't even need lip liner on it. The rest of Regina's friends were friendly to an extent, but then reverted back to what they were doing which was just talking among themselves while they were baking cookies.

        Regina was chopping off celery sticks while Suzie was making the dip besides her. I just sat across from them on the counter and just watched them as they were just talking about their daily lives. When Regina brought up Andrea to Suzie, her face quickly shifted from content to anger when she realized what Andrea did to Regina.

        "No fucking way. . ." She shook her head.

        "Yep," Regina said.

        "Oh my God, I gotta talk to Andrea." Suzie said, continuing to mix the ranch dip. "That's really fucked up."

        "You know Andrea?" I intervened.

        "Yeah, I've known her since grade school." Suzie said. "Why are you so surprised about that?"

        "I don't know. I guess I'm just still new to everyone knowing each other . . ." I said. "If that even makes sense."

        "I get what you mean." Suzie giggled and then handed me the bowl of dip and a spoon. "Can you put this on the coffee table for me in the living room?"

        "Sure."

        Although her house looked smaller on the outside, it seemed as if anyone could get easily lost in Suzie's house if you didn't know your way around. It was your typical modern house with white carpets-which was why we were forced to take off our shoes so the carpet wouldn't be dirty.

        I couldn't blame Suzie, considering how cleancut the floor was and soft.

        Soon after we gathered in a circle around the coffee table. I sat beside Regina since I was more comfortable around her even though the rest of her friends made me feel welcomed. To be honest, I thought I would be miserable-being surrounded by a bunch of them snickering among themselves about me behind Regina's back.

        First we ended up putting our phones on the coffee table so we wouldn't be tempted to check our phones while we were playing games-unless we were playing sherades from the app.

        "First person to check their phone has to pay for the pizza delivery." Suzie smirking, switching off her phone before lastly setting her phone on the table.

        "I'm broke," I shrugged. "So I'll try my best."

        "We all know Regina's gonna lose." said Suzie. Everyone busted out giggling and Regina flipped her off while pretending to scratch her forehead with it. It wouldn't surprise me. She would checked her phone constantly, especially during class when she wasn't suppose to.