Chapter Twenty-Six: A Bus Ride For Your Thieving Ways

Chapter Twenty-Six|

It was full house in Margot and Margaret's place, as if we were at a graduation party. If I could remember, their house was almost like any other house in Galester. It was built like a nice Victorian style to it, with white pillars that surrounded the front porch. The snow was evenly coated in the front yard, accompanied two snowmen. They still had Christmas lights wrapped around their gates, which encloused their house. It added a nice touch to the house in general, especially at night when it illumintated against the snow.

Most people, including Regina, was still helping decorating the living room with balloons and confetti spreading around the floor. It felt like a birthday party rather than a welcome-home party.

Susie went out to pick up Molly from the JFK airport, tricking her into thinking she was coming for a sleepover with all of their girl friends.

Zeke was in the kitchen with Margaret as they watched everyone else finish decorating and placing food on the counter and tables. He glanced to me and waved as he was still conversing with his Margaret.

"Rain," Regina lightly tapped on my shoulder, "Can you hang this banner for me over the staircase, please?"

"Sure,"

"Thank you," She lightly pecked me on the lips. She handed me the Welcome Home banner that was still unfolded and walked back to the living room to continue finishing decorating.

Several minutes after a few people settled in to get the party started, Margot looked outside the window and waved everyone to hide in their places, "She's here!"

The lights went out fell silent, granted that there were a few giggles and hushes.

When Molly and Susie finally entered, everyone shouted for joy and a whole group of her friends came to hug her after spending a long time without her. I witnessed it all while being in the staircase, smiling at every joy Regina had while seeing Molly for the time in a while. I walked downstairs and politely introduced myself and greeted Susie again. I was surprised she even recognized me. Molly was a really cool person to talk to. No one wonder she had that many friends. She had on a green knitted sweater and a red scarf that was crochet, which added a nice touch to her green military-style coat. Her long, chocolate brown hair was neatly and evenly trimmed down to her waist, with no sign of split ends whatsoever.

Most of the guests were in the living room, gathering around the fireplace for heat from the cold and playing board games, listening to music playing in the background. Zeke was one of them, showing off his chess and domino skills, beating every person to their misery and shame.

I looked around and almost everyone had something to do except for me. If someone wasn't playing a board game, they were dancing to the music. Some kids were taking selfies and snapchats of the party.

Regina was in the kitchen talking with her friends, laughing and having a great time. She must've miss them since she didn't get to see them as often. Regina was different with her friends compared to how she was with our band. It was almost like she liked to show off her "tough girl" side infront of the guys while she usually calms it down with me, remembering that she's not the only girl in the band anymore.

Regina waved me over when her friends dispersed elsewhere. She placed her hands onto my waist and held me closer, kissing me on the lips a few times gently, "Are you having fun?"

"Yeah," I said indifferently, which Regina noticed and left her puzzled.

"Be honest," She said. "You don't look like you are."