Chapter Fourteen: The Lobster Shack

Chapter Fourteen|

        What kind of a venue that had faulty power lines for just some little wind outside? There was suppose to be some sort of windstorm, according to some people that were talking about it among themselves.

       Even though those statements could possibly be made up and people were just over exaggerating, it still prompted some students to leave early.

        Venus Trap played a slower tune, and I wasn't in the mood of slow dancing at the moment. Isaac agreed and we both went outside in the front, not realizing how brutally cold it has gotten since we left my house. The heat from my cigarette didn't even help. Isaac took off his suit jacket and wrapped it around my shoulder.

        "Thanks," My teeth chattered between my words, "My dumbass left my jacket inside your car."

        "Mistakes happen," Isaac said, "If you want I can get it for you."

        "That's okay."

        "Are you sure?"

        "Yeah, I'm good."

        Taking turns blowing smoke into the air, Isaac littered his cigarette after complaining that it wasn't strong enough.

        "So what's up with you and Regina? I caught you staring at her and Andrea at the dance earlier."

        "I just wanted to look."

        "You never saw two girl's dancing together before?"

        "Isaac, don't give me that." I really wasn't in the mood of his condescending remarks, let alone being in the mood of talking about Regina.

        "What? I'm just saying. There are so many people like that in this school it's ridiculous."

        "Well, I'm not one of those people you're referring to." I said, inhaling another smoke.

        "I know. But I also know that people would just stare at them for no reason for holding hands."

        "That shouldn't be surprising. People are stupid around here, especially this school."

        "I know. But Regina's one of my best friends." Isaac said, "I can't stand people making fun of her like that just because she's with another girl. I mean it's 2013."

        I shrugged without saying word, mostly because I had nothing to say anyways. Even though I completely agreed with what Isaac said, I wasn't in the mood to sympathize with Regina since she's been treating me like shit for the past week or two.

        "Looks like you two really had a bad argument. You're not even saying anything."

        "At this point I don't even care anymore," I narrowed my eyes at him as I threw my cigarette at the ground since it kept getting smaller and smaller. I didn't know what brand it was, but I knew it was cheap as a motherfucker.

        "About her?"

        "Everything. . ."

        Isaac pressed his lips together, rocking back and forth casually with his toes, "Alright, then."

        I let out a snicker to lighten the mood so he wouldn't think I was referring to him, "Besides you Isaac."

        "Thanks, I know I'm special."