01

A A L T O N
Lowering myself down from the wooden boat, my bare feet met the soft sands under the shallow water.

No sunlight gazes my skin like it normally does. The sky was dark and gloomy, making the waters look somber. Series of rumbles from above shows the sign that a storm is coming up.

I hurriedly pushed the boat ashore, grunting as the harsh current of the waves started to fight against my knees. It took me great control over my body to not lose balance.

Arriving at the shore, I took the bucket of fishes that I had caught for the day and entered my sturdy cabin, which is safely situated away from the waters if the tide rises.

Inside was cold and lonely. No warmth has ever invaded this place.

Only me, myself, and my fishes.

How I longed for some company and a lover to have adventures and cherish memories with.

My life was boring and monotonous, stuck in a repetitive routine.

Grabbing two empty buckets, I put it outside the door to store some rainwater for me to use in my daily activities.

I sighed as I closed the door and double checked the windows.

After making sure it was all locked, I threw a couple of woods to the fireplace and lit it up.

My cabin was now illuminated by a soft yellow glow from the fire.

Then, I proceeded to the kitchen to make some fish soup for dinner.

I wonder when will be the day that I'd come home to a lover greeting me by the door and cooking us a nice home cooked meal?

When I was done eating my soup in solitude, I cleaned up and took a shower before heading to bed.

It was difficult to sleep because of all the rain that clattered loudly on the roof of my cabin.

Jesus, it's been a long time since I had experienced this kind of storm.

Shrugging off the painful memory that came to mind, I covered my body with my thick comforter.

Violent howls of wind can be heard as I forced myself to succumb to the darkness, not knowing what tomorrow will bring me.