03

D O R I S
Stupid storm. Stupid current. Stupid fishnets. And stupid, but handsome, man.

I bared my canines at him when he continued to scrutinize me with his gaze.

He rolled his eyes and started to walk away. I caught a glimpse of his smirk before he left.

What was that doofus smirking about, huh?

I felt myself scowl once again.

Looking around, his home's interior was arranged simply, organized... and everything felt lonely.

Does he have no lover? For some damn unknown reason, my heart felt happy with that.

Stupid heart.

I need to leave, I need to go back to the ocean.

But, I can't with these stupid human legs. I'm not used to walking with two legs, I rarely shift into my human form. And, now they just have to be bloody wounded. How splendid!

That man came back, carrying clothes and a small white box.

"Up" He commanded, referring to my arms.

I scoffed but did so anyways.

When he leaned in to put the shirt on me, I managed to take a whiff of a sweet scent.

My whole system froze. It can't be.

He moved away and dropped the pair of shorts on my lap. "Wear those" So bossy.

I stood up, and almost lost balance if it weren't for him by my side.

Lightly pushing him away, I hastily wore the shorts. I realized his shirt was a bit large for me, it reached my knees. Oh well.

Just as I sat down, he took one of my legs and pulled it to him.

"What the heck?" I screeched.

That stupid man hushed me, and poured some liquid from a bottle on a soft-looking white pad then he started to wipe my lacerations.

I screamed bloody murder when it made contact on my skin.

Out of instinct, my claws came out and slashed his arm.

With his other hand, he held both of my wrists with a firm grip and continued to do stupid shit on my legs as I struggled to remove myself from his hold.

He bandaged up my legs after a few minutes and gently patted them before giving me a kiss on my forehead.

Foolish human. Now, my stupid heart is on haywire.