09

A A L T O N
It's been a year, and life with Doris, along with our child, Dylan, was great.

Dylan was a blessing I never expected.

I didn't know it was possible for two males to have a baby, but it was. I only found out when weeks passed by and I started to notice Doris' stomach getting bigger.

He explained how they can reproduce and called me 'stupid' a lot of times. Apparently, my pull out game was weak.

I remember scoffing at that time, and telling him that I intended to release inside him. He got all red because of that and didn't talk to me for the rest of the day.

Laughing at the memory, I shook my head.

I glanced down on Dylan resting peacefully on my arms. I smiled as I watched him suck on the baby bottle filled with milk.

"Breakfast is ready!" Doris chirped from the kitchen door, his head sticking out.

So cute.

Careful not to wake up Dylan, I stood up from the sofa and headed to the kitchen.

Upon entering, I saw him by the stove.

I walked up behind him and leaned my head down a bit to kiss his head.

"What did you cook for today?" I asked, peering over his shoulder.

"Chicken curry!" He grinned then turned around to peck Dylan on his cheek. "Baby!"

He prepared everything on the table, and we sat down to eat.

"You've gotten better at this" I winked at him.

Doris puffed his chest out and smirked. "Of course, I mean, it's me"

Rolling my eyes at his confidence, I chuckled.

After we ate, we got outside and sat on the soft white sands by the ocean.

The sky was covered with clouds, sunlight barely made contact with us.

I looked up and let out a small smile then looked at Doris.

"This is around the time we've met. It's already been a year" I mumbled.

He hummed in response.

"For once, I'm thankful for storms" I stated then heaved a breath. "Because of a storm... I met you"

"I love you" His eyes watered up.

"And, I love you too, my scaled beauty" I kissed him softly.

We only broke apart because of Dylan babbling, making us laugh. Seems like our little guy has woken up.