06

D O R I S
I've been staying with Aalton, my mate, for almost a week now.

My stupid legs have already healed up. But, I refuse to go back to the ocean. I don't wanna leave him. I take back my previous words.

"Dory!" I heard him call for me from his bedroom.

What a stupid nickname.

I ignored him and continued eating my tuna.

"Doris!"

He shouted my real name impatiently, making me shot up from my seat.

Leaving the kitchen grumpily, I headed to his bedroom.

"What? What the heck do you want?" I hissed.

"Give me a hug" He ordered.

I stared at him in bewilderment. Did he seriously just stop me eating tuna for a freaking hug?

"No" I turned around, ready to leave.

"I said, give me a hug" He seriously repeated. I looked back and saw him sitting on his bed with a small pout.

Oh, I'm weak with that.

Situating myself on his lap, I let my arms wrap around his neck and I rested my head on the crook of his neck. Just how he likes his hugs.

We stayed in that position for a few moments before he broke away.

My stupid heart ached, but I shrugged off the slight hurt I was feeling right now.

No need to be all butthurt, Doris.

Transferring me on his bed, he got inside his bathroom before coming back out.

He sat down next to me and twirled a few strands of my hair with his finger.

"Your hair's way too long. Do you want me to cut it?" He asked, raising a pair of scissors.

I simply nodded. With that, he took my hand and we went inside the bathroom.

He let me sit on the counter before starting to cut my hair, making me soon grimace at the sight of my hair on the bathroom tiles.

After half an hour, he was done.

I gaped at my reflection.

Was that what I really looked like with short hair? I look cute.

My hair was styled in a quiff, which was ruined by him ruffling it.

Aalton laughed when I sent him a glare. He pinched my cheek before cleaning up all the hair on the floor.