04

D O R I S
"My name is Aalton" He introduced himself as he sat down next to me.

"I'm... Doris" I was a bit hesitant to tell him my name, but this guy might be possibly my stupid mate.

To test this theory, I shifted closely to him and discreetly sniffed him. The sweet scent was really coming from him.

I think he noticed me sniffing because I saw him smile, so I went back to my original position.

This is stupidly impossible. I've been waiting for him for over a hundred years. I thought he didn't exist, or was considered dead.

He took another of that pad thing and started to clean his own injuries that were caused by me.

I felt guilty all of a sudden.

Stupid Doris. You almost killed your own mate.

I pouted at that thought. Glancing at the white box, I took some bandages.

He watched me with curious eyes. Though, he didn't stop me from going near to him.

As I started to wrap up his chest, I looked at him in the eye and spoke up in a mere whisper, "I'm sorry"

"Don't be. It's alright. You were just trying to protect yourself from possible harm- Which I won't ever do to you"

I didn't say anything after that, and quickly finished wrapping both his chest and arm with bandages.

After a moment of awkward silence, he stood up.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, to which I nodded. I haven't ate anything since I got stuck in those stupid fishnets yesterday.

"Do you eat prawns? Abalones?" With that question, I raised one eyebrow at him.

Is he stupid? I'm a freaking merman, of course I eat those shit.

But out of politeness, I smiled and nodded.

Aalton headed to the kitchen, leaving me alone, making me frown.

Should I follow him or not? I debated with myself for a little while before making up my mind.

I silently observed him as he cooked our meal. And, there's only one thing I concluded...

He's really hot.

Oh, shut up. Stupid hormones.