Survival Training Part 1

I begrudgingly woke up at 4.30am to have a quick shower, I had already packed my tools for today so that I could sleep some more. I thought that the shower would wake me up, but it didn't, I woke up for NOTHING.

I left the house then and slowly made my way towards the training grounds, trying really hard not to fall asleep on the way there.

And somehow I made it, the others arrived at the same time as me.

"Ohayou." Sakura greeted us sleepily, rubbing her eyes.

"Hey....." Naruto mumbled as he walked towards us with his eyes closed and arm outstretched, still catching some sleep while he could.

"Ohayou." I greeted back, not bothering to suppress a yawn, we were all tired, what's there to hide.

Sasuke was the only one who didn't look sleepy, i don't even have the brain to question why isn't he sleepy. 

The four of us gathered in the center and waited for Kakashi sensei to arrive. Which seemed to be taking forever, the sun was slowly rising too.

Figuring that he would probably be late again, I sat down next to Naruto who was already dozing off and slowly drifted off to sleep too.

The hours passed by slowly, the sun was rising high into the sky, Naruto and I had already woken up from our sleep.... AND KAKASHI SENSEI IS STILL NOT HERE.

That dude really takes being late to another level....

"Hi guys. Ohayou." Kakashi sensei finally appeared acting as if he weren't 6 hours late.

"OSOI!!!!" we yelled and pointed at him, we were all pissed.

"Well you see, a black cat crossed my path, so...." he started to explain but he was cut off from our grumbling.

"And? You decided to walk around the entire village before getting here???" I retorted.

He merely blinked before regaining his composure, "Let's move on then." 

We watched as he walked over to a tree stump and placed a clock on it, "I've set for it to go off at noon." he then pressed down the button for the alarm.

We looked at him, clearly confused as to what was going on. He then took out 3 bells that were attached to a red string from his pocket and held it out in front of him. 

"Today's topic is to get one of these bells from me. Those who failed won't be able to have lunch."

"Eh?!" Naruto shouted.

"I will tie you to that tree stump and eat my lunch in front of you."

Then it hit us, the real reason why we weren't allowed to have breakfast......  he wanted to make us hungry on purpose!!!

"Eh, but wait, why are there only 3 bells then?" Sakura noticed that the amount of bells doesn't add up.

This made Kakashi sensei grin, "Since there's only 3, 1 of you will definitely be tied to that log. That person would fail as he/she has failed the mission and will return to the academy. Of course, it may only be 1 of you, or it may be all 4 of you."

This made us gulp as we listened to how this survival exercise was going to happen.

"You can use your shurikens, you wont be getting these bells from me unless you have the will to kill me."

"But that's too dangerous, sensei!" Sakura exclaimed.

Kill him?? I have no grudge against him, would I really want to kill him just for a bell? Then again.... I don't want to go back...

"Yeah! You couldn't even dodge that blackboard eraser, sensei!" Naruto joked.

"In the society, only those who are weak will complain more. So let's just ignore the guy with the lowest score shall we." I had to hold back a laugh, Kakashi sensei just roasted Naruto, even though that's mean.

"We'll start after I tell you to."

I quickly glanced around, thinking where should I hide at first to come up with a strategy when I noticed Naruto's expression.

He seemed to be really offended by what Kakashi sensei said about him as he quickly took out a kunai from his holster and rushed towards Kakashi sensei.

That baka!

In a blink of an eye, Kakashi sensei gripped Naruto's hand that was holding the kunai with one hand, grabbed Naruto's hand with another, and twisted his arm so that the sharp end of the kunai was now behind Naruto's head.

"Don't get so hasty. I didn't say 'start' yet." he warned.

After Kakashi sensei made sure that Naruto wouldn't move around again, he let go of him and Naruto stumbled towards us.

We were all shocked at his speed, he was so fast! So this is the difference between a genin and jonin!

"But, it does look like you have the will to kill me now. We're going to start." 

All 4 of us watched him while preparing to jump away, waiting for him to start.

"Ready, start!"