Thanksgiving Part I

Hi my poor, seemingly abandoned readers! :( I've decided to split this chapter into two parts, (then a third that I haven't even started yet, *hyperventilation* but it won't be this long at all), because i don't want to publish a 15,794 word chapter. It might have taken forever, but it's long! like...really long.

The moment we've been waiting for!

Or the one I've been waiting for, idc, I love you guys either way.

Part 1!

**

Chapter 7

~Katniss POV~

I stir slowly, reaching out for Peeta on the other side of the bed. But when my hands grope empty sheets, they're ice cold. I scowl and roll on my other side to see the clock. 5:12. I also see the bathroom light on and the door cracked open an inch.

I grunt and rub my eyes, pulling myself up and onto the ground. My feet instantly freeze upon contact but I shake off the feeling and walk quietly into the bathroom.

Peeta's in there, over his side of the sink with shaving cream all over the lower half of his face. He's just wearing a pair of jeans and his hair is damp, evident that he's just gotten out of the shower a minute ago.

His eyes widen and his razor freezes, but when he realizes it's just me, he smiles, and continues his razor on it's upward climb on his face.

"Hey there," he says softly as I come up behind him, resting my hands on his hips and laying my head on his side.

"Hey." I yawn. He taps the razor on the sink, releasing the extra shaving cream and he leans down quickly to press a kiss to my temple and leaving a blob of cream in my hair. I chuckle and wipe it up away, wiping it back on his neck.

"What're you doing up? It's way too early for you to be up," he says, resuming his shaving.

"It is not." I say, rolling my eyes. "And the lack of warmth in my bed kinda woke me up, sooo, thanks a ton." I tease. He scoffs, tilting his head up slightly to shave the stubble from his jaw.

I've always found it oddly attractive when he shaves his face. Shirtless, preferably.

"I tried not to make a lot of noise!" He laughs. I chuckle.

"You didn't. So what're you doing up? Aren't you off today?" I say.

"Well, partially." I look up to give him a weird look.

"Could you please explain?" I say.

"Well, first off I'm up now to start breakfast for everyone. But I'm going in around noon to check with Arabella and Ian." He explains.

"Ahh." I say, rubbing his hip with the hand resting there. "What time does the bakery close today?" I ask. He taps the razor on the sink again.

"Two. For all those people who still need a pumpkin pie or something." He says, making me laugh.

"So, when you bring home a pie, is it considered homemade or store bought?" I ask. He laughs and wraps his arm around my neck, pulling my closer to his side.

"You better believe it's homemade, girly." I laugh and he starts at that neck beard he's been sporting for a week now. "So you gonna help me with the big breakfast this morning?" He asks. I snort.

"I don't really trust myself to cook for this many people." I say. He laughs.

"Kat, I can like, put you in charge of mixing something with a fork and you'd still be a ton of help." He says. I chuckle, shaking my head.