CHAPTER 20

This is who she has the visionAnd She awakens man,And makes his path easyTo travelAnd walk in his front

And She awakens man,
And makes his path easy
To travel
And walk in his front.
How large is her chariot,
How vast and all pervading
The goddess,
How she brings light in front of the days!!

Rig Veda

After Dominica finally managed to get rid of the nightmare she had in the morning, she called Rufus to meet her and the other's at Kai's home.
So as suggested, she was driving down the lane to Kai's house, he lived just ten blocks away from her, but still she being the lazy creature she is does not want to walk down ten blocks. It's a lot for god's sake, I would die.

It was a peaceful three minute ride consisting of her admiring her surroundings and the weather and everything cliché you could think of.

She debated on telling about the nightmare to Rufus anddddd decided against it. (Duh)

As soon as all of Rufus arrived, the conversation took a turn towards tonight's show.
They were a last and final time discussing all the conditions and possibilities and what not.
Rufus was worried as hell, after all there are a lot of not-so-good scenarios that could take place, but yet again, now, was not the time to explore the pros and cons, it was almost showtime.
The four decided upon spending a light hearted day as they finally had everything settled and it was gonna be a long journey ahead.

The day passed in the blink of an eye, Dominica was mentally, once again, preparing herself for facing whatever comes ahead, now or later.
She was repeating and recollecting the aim that she was up to, if this is a good shot, then the real reason why she was risking everything should be clear in her mind.
They had earlier collected from a news channel that the meteor shower will be at its peak at 9 p.m. and the quartet found it to be the perfect time for execution. So Dominica slipped her cell in her back pocket and headed for the lawn.

So at 8:45 everyone, except for Dante could be seen in Dominica's lawn under the sky where mild shooting stars were visible.
"Um ...Hattens?" Rufus had asked.
"Yeah?"
"Do you mind me asking why the kid is not here?" He added hesitantly.
"Ah, he is upto his schoolwork, exam season, ya know."
"Oh, yeah, great."
Rufus was relieved to know that the vile creature will not be here to cause any trouble but he couldn't help but sense something fishy going on.
He knew that he would be up to no good but as long as he is not near him and Dominica, he was okay with it.

The clock stroke 9, Kai handed her the vial filled with blue shiny liquid. Dominica hugged both the men a last time and recalled all the conditions, look towards the stars, think vividly of a happy memory and what you want, down the entire liquid in a single gulp.

She tilted her head to look at the sky now filled with shooting stars, she fished through her mind for the best memory she held and brought the vial to her lips, she downed it whole while thinking about all the good times she had spent, about the feeling of euphoria she gets everytime she is working, this was another piece of work, she thought.
And with that as a last thought, she blacked out.
Rufus saw her chugging the drink down, as soon as the liquid went past her throat, she fell to the ground with a thud. His expression changed to one of horror, he quickly picked her up and made his way to her room. She was limp in his arms, her head bobbing up and down with every step he took.

He layed her down on the bed and checked her pulse, And sent out a breath of relief upon finding one.

He sat there entire night, one hand on her pulse making sure she is alive, the fact that the entire night passed and there was no sign of what just happened made him anxious.

Kai had gone home to check up on Dante because he was not picking up the phone which made him worried.
Wait a freakitng minute, he was not picking up his phone just after Dominica collapsed and he had not come because of exams.
It was as if everything was making sense to him now, he was about to call Kai to check up on his son when he felt Dominica's pulse stop for a solid minute, and started again and much frantic this time.
He watched her eyes flutter open and his full attention now was on the girl who just woke up from near death.

She gasped when she realised where she was and when she saw a face looking down at her. She did not know the man, but from his attire and from the design of the room, it seemed as if her plan had worked.

He opened her mouth to ask her how she was feeling but she beat him to it and asked, " who are you?"
He froze, he didn't know what he had expected her to say but it was not even close to this. He composed himself and sensed she might just be tired.

"Dominica, it's me, are you alright, what happened, do you remember it? Anyth-"

"Look, I don't know who you are or who this Dominica is but I am not Dominica, I am Aztec and I might just know what had happened, I am from ancient Egypt. Don't freak out."

A/n
What did I tell you!!!!!!
A little lame chapter but it's ok, and I'm on my phone for this so please forgive any typos.
I am so happy today I might as well give a double update!!!
*Emphasis on the might*
Anyway, I hope you are loving it so far and I hope you do till the end. And, VOTE AND COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME 🥺

ARYAMAA