Chapter 40

Akira's P. O. V:

I step off the train around twenty minutes after I'd finished getting ready for my date with Rogue. Last I checked, it was 6: 40 when I left, so I hoped I'd make it on time. By now, the sun had set and the stars were out.

For my date tonight, I'm wearing a long sleeved short blush pink dress that has lace in the sleeves, and top of the dress. Once again, I'd left my hair loose around my shoulders, and I'm wearing a pair of silver heels. Clutching my purse in one hand, I make my way to the Sabertooth guild.

Once there, I push open the doors and enter. A lot of the members had already gone home for the night, aside from Yukino, Orga, Rufus, and a few other members I didn't know all that well. I spot Rogue talking with Yukino at the bar. She looks up as I approach and giggles, waving at me.

Looking confused, Rogue follows her gaze, and a smile spreads across his lips as he takes in my appearance, a light blush on his cheeks. Rogue gets up and stands in front of me as I stop. "Hey, Angel. You look amazing."

"Thanks. So do you," I reply. I gaze around as I ask, "Where's Sting?"

"He's in his office, doing paperwork," Rogue replies. He gestures to the door as he asks, "Shall we?"

I giggle at that and say, "Yes, we shall." I throw Yukino a big smile as I thread my arm through Rogue's and we leave the guild hall. The petite white haired girl just waved back at me as she smiles.

                               ~~~

Two hours later, Rogue and I leave the restaurant. We had walked out into an empty street, as the civilians were mostly all in their homes, getting ready for bed.

Rogue and I stop just past the street lamplight, and I turn to face him. "Tonight was amazing, Rogue-kun."

"It was," He says, smiling at me. We fall silent as we gaze at each other, a comfortable silence settling around us. My eyes flutter closed as Rogue leans in and our lips meet. It was soft at first, then it grew a bit more passionate. Rogue grips my waist and tugs me closer, deepening the kiss.

We have to pull back for air, our faces flushed. We smile at each other before Rogue takes my hand in his. We get to the train station and I pause at the entrance into the train car, turning toward Rogue. "Goodnight, Rogue-kun. I love you," I say, surprising him slightly, because he normally says it first.

Then, Rogue smiles back at me and says, "I love you, too, Angel. Goodnight."

I turn and get on the train, finding an empty seat. I lean back against the seat as the train takes off. I lean my head in my hand, elbow resting on the armrest, as I watch the night scenery flash by as I head home, a happy smile on my face.

                               ~~~

I spend the next day at the guild hall. It went pretty much the same as normal, with Natsu and Gray fighting, Cana drinking alcohol, Grandfather chatting with Master, and Gajeel eating iron.

It was starting to get pretty late that night when Nanami and I decide to head home, but Grandfather said he'll stay back for a bit longer.

"See you guys tomorrow!" I call, as Nanami and I wave back at our teammates.

"Bye, guys!" Lucy calls back, waving.